Saturday, August 16, 2014

Actions Speak Louder

I am really learning throughout my life, whether as a mom, or an advocate for my man, living out my faith is far more important than just sharing with words my faith.  I am not discounting the importance of words and especially when it come to sharing our faith but it all comes down the that old saying "actions speak louder than words". 

Last night I was blessed to see God at work through our actions as a family. A nurse came into Adam's room to thank me for all the help that I have been in taking care of my man.  She began asking questions about Adam and as I shared bits and pieces of our life before and of our journey I explained that I never see Adam's injury as an accident. (If you have been reading the blog for awhile, you have heard me say this)  There has been so much good that has come from Adam's injury, and I can see my own prayers answered through this.  Before Adam's injury I can remember praying asking God very specifically for certain characteristics and God is answering those prayers through this journey.  Not the path I would have chosen but because God did I know it is good.  He is at work in and all the way through this journey. 

As I was sharing this with the nurse, she couldn't understand my outlook.  She said "but it's been so long, why aren't you angry that Adam's not better?". I told her I believe what the bible says I told her the bible says that God has all the days ordained for us and were written before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:16). I also told her that God has a plans to give hope and a future.  (Jeremiah 29:11)
I also told her that God knew it wasn't always going to be easy (John 16:33) but that he would supply our every needs (Philippians 4:19) and His grace would be sufficient no matter what we were facing or how long time has passed (2 Corinthians 12:9.  I explained that God has been our comfort and strength through it all (2 Corinthians 1:4, Psalm 28:7).  I can't only believe part of this, if I truly believe the bible I have to believe all of this, trust Him completely, and never giving up on faith but persevere the race marked before us.

Such a sweet moment shared with Adam's nurse.  Not sure she fully understood, but God planted a seed none the less.  Please continue to pray for all those involved in Adam's care, pray for opportunities like we had last night and for showing God's love and peace not just telling of it.

Well, as far as my man... He's amazing!  I just love him.  It doesn't look like we will be transferring to the rehab hospital until Monday or Tuesday, again, this is pending insurance also.  But for now the surgeons are still closely watching his incision and managing his pain.  Please pray for Adam, as his pain has increased, so has his agitation.  His agitation I believe is a result of his pain.  He keeps telling his nurses and doctors that he's not in pain and when I ask him he'll say he is.  He is struggling more with his Aphasia and unable to accurately let them know when he is in pain.

Adam spent the day in and out of sleep, but when he was awake, he's working hard to make sense of everything.  Pray for clarity to come quickly.  He played a game with his mom, was able to take about 20 steps with the assistance of the physical therapist.  Not anywhere near baseline, but we are on the road to get back!!!  He's so amazing and his ability to persevere is truly an inspiration. He worked also with occupational therapy, we are noticing an uninvited, and not welcomed muscle tone.  Adam had a lot of muscle tone after injury and we have spent the last 4 years battling it. Since his injury Adam has really worked through a lot of the tone.  On a daily basis, he battles just a little bit but since Thursday he has had an increase of uncomfortable muscle tone.  This will be something we can we can focus on more as we get into the inpatient rehab.  All this to say, please continue to pray for Adam's complete healing, FULL RESTORATION! 

Thank you all for walking this journey with us, your role as members of the "Root For Adam" team is so valued and appreciated!  We love you and couldn't do this without the love, support, and prayers you have blessed our family with.  Thank you!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear One, Father be PRAISED!!He is sooo wonderful.

You know I heard a saying sometime ago. "I preach the Gospel wherever I am, and use words when necessary." That's like what you said. It will be so cool to see what Father has been doing with the gifts He has given you and your family through all this. I believe the rougher the wrapping, the sweeter the gift. Father's wisdom rests upon you.

I am totally trusting Father for Adam's total healing. In fact, I am thanking Him for it, and rejoicing in His SPECTACULAR answer.

I love you and am grateful for being a part of your journey.

Marion

Anonymous said...

I know the Lord will use your story and your love to shine His light around so that others will see and be brought to Him.
Praying,
Emily J

Blog Archive