Thursday, July 11, 2013

Prayers Are Amazing and So Is My Man!

Before I go into a full update and making up for lost time, I know many of you have been following my facebook updates today so I will start there today and hopefully give a thorough update by the end of the weekend.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

Adam has continued in his fashion taking us on a tour of all the nation's finest hospitals.  Today we are currently admitted at Oregon Health and Science Hospital in Portland, OR.  Actually the whole day together has consisted of 2 ambulance rides, 2 hospitals, and 3 seizures and 2 wiped out people.  Thankfully after sedation Adam has been able to get some much needed sleep and rest.  I will take it as a good sign that he just asked me to climb in his hospital bed and sleep with him instead of the bed given to me... he loves me and is so sweet and tender towards me even when he doesn't feel well... I love my man!

Right now the team here is trying to figure out cause for the seizures and his nausea.  Running tests and scans to locate and treat whatever it is that is going on.  It's been a long day and after the third seizure, it took Adam quite sometime before he starting to be responsive and following commands.  As we close out our day, he is doing much better, taking, and walking on his own... thank you for all those who so quickly responded to my prayer requests and for texting me, leaving me facebook messages, emails, and all your encouragement... it was truly a blessing to feel and see God's powerful hands working today in the midst of the craziness that this day brought.

God's peace has been a thick cloud engulfing Adam and I today... it's brought showers of comfort and His unending love.   I can honestly say, I hate hospitals and often cringe just at the thought of having to walk through the door of one, but today He has been my Refuge, my Strength, my Peace, and my Deliverer from my fear and unbelief.  In my devotion this morning it states, "unbelief looks at God through circumstances... but faith puts God between itself and circumstances and looks at them through Him."  I am praying for the strength to endure God's will whatever that is for this moment... even if it is to walk this journey through another hospital.

But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16

The view from Adam's floor, downtown Portland, OR looking at Mt St Helens

The other side of the view looking at Mt Hood
 
Well if we're going to be in the hospital, Adam sure did pick one with quite a view!  Rejoicing in God's beauty that we are surrounded by and celebrating His magnificent creation.  Not just outside, but in Adam as well... I love my man and I love all that he has taught me in the last several years walking this journey with him.  He consistently points me to the cross, he shows me Jesus every day through his own actions and words... he continues to make me a better person.  I thank God for the gift of Adam he has given me everyday... especially because there have  been too many times where I wasn't sure I would have the blessing of laying next to him and hear him pray over me... yes my man loves me and loves God so much more... I am one blessed and rambling wife right now.



7 comments:

Temarie said...

I am so sorry for all that Adam is suffering through and you are both enduring. I am constantly praying for you all - praying for Adam's healing, for both of you to have strength and endurance and that you are feeling God's ever present help and are being lifted up by His mighty right hand!

Anonymous said...

Amy, Thank you for updating your blog. I don't/won't do face book, so have missed any info there. I don't know why Father has this in your path, or what He is giving you, Adam, and Mackenzie through all this. I do KNOW He does. I do KNOW He saw all this happening from before time began. I do KNOW, as do you, He is with you every step of the way, and holding you close to His heart. I do KNOW you will be amazed at what He has done when you see Him. I do KNOW I am blessed to be a part of your journey, and that I admire how you love and honor God in your circumstances, even when you don't understand or particularly enjoy them. I am trusting Father will give you a glimpse of Himself in an unexpected way today. Again THANK YOU for your time in updating the blog. I love you and Father LOVES you ever so much more. Marion

Pam said...

Thoughts and prayers for you, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Much love and prayers to you/family/Adam. Thank you so much for the update as this is the first I have heard of this. I will put you all on our prayer list. Know your not alone. Adam has never left our hearts nor have you, your daughter, Jack, Cookie, Ben, Brad, Tristin, and extended family.
Hugs dear

Anonymous said...

Awwhh...you are LOVED! A sweet blog post! I loved that Adam wanted you to come get in his hospital bed! I remember my parents doing that when my father was in the hospital for a long time. The doctors used to come in and tease them asking which one was the patient!! ;o) We continue to stay in prayer for you and appreciate the update to your blog so we know very specific things we can pray about.
With love,
Emily J.

Sheri Halberg said...



So good to hear from you on here, dear Amy!! I don't do Facebook, so this is the only way of keeping up with your details, prayer requests, etc. Will continue heartfelt prayers for your dear man, yourself and sweet Mackenzie. I think of you all so often ... you are such an amazing wife and woman of God. Adam is SO blessed to have you - and you him! Praying that Adam is doing better now that I see this post was from a couple of days ago. Love you, my sister! Sheri :)

Vicky Scott said...

I keep checking back to see if you update and like another reader, don't/won't do facebook so have also not known of Adam's latest problems. We do pray for all of you nightly as we do other TBI families. Jonathan's six year anniversary was 7/10. Please keep us updated on your blog.