Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Taking Comfort in God's Timing



I absolutely love how God takes care of us and knows our needs even before we do.  His love is so amazing.  As I had blogged about in earlier posts, Adam's agitation was challenging to handle and there were some really tough days.  In the midst of those days, my sister Renae did the only thing she knew to help... she booked a plane ticket to come out here to North Carolina from Seattle to come help.  Her plane ticket was booked and sent to me on March 1st and I couldn't have been more excited to count down the days till she was coming.  But now I see it as a different plan... When making the decision to travel west for Adam's recovery we had about very little time to ponder, process, and execute the plan... all this came about after my sister booked her ticket. 

She arrives Thursday morning and her timing, God's timing, really couldn't be more perfect.  I love that she is so grounded in the Lord and in tune with His Spirit that she allowed Him to work through her.  She's coming in the midst of this craziness to help get all that needs to get done, done!  Thank you Jesus that He knows our needs even before we do.  His love is so amazing, and GREAT is His faithfulness.

Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 6:32 but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.

In the process of getting ready for our journey... we had some errands to run.  I wanted to share one of our experiences with our blog readers... http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10151530420804661&set=o.9062006483&type=1&theater

I continue to pray that where we go we will impact others for the Kingdom of God... but God's people often impact us, showing us Christ through them each and every day!


7 comments:

Pam said...

Beautiful! HE takes care of us, yes, HE does!

Joyson said...

I hope we get to see you when you are here in oregon. if anything just to give you a hug and let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. It's so cool seeing how far Adam has come...we continue to pray for more and more miracles for your family.

Anonymous said...

As I am NOT and won't do FB I missed those updates. I trust Father they were wonderful. I am excited to know your sister is with you for thils time. Father is truly wonderful. He knows our needs before they are yet there. I love you, Marion

Sheri Halberg said...


Hi dear Amy -

It's good to see your posts again and to hear this wonderful news! Hope maybe I can see you again while you are in the Northwest if you make a trip to Wash., too? How exciting to see God's Hand orchestrating your next steps in Adam's recovery. Prayers will continue as they always do.

Sending you lots of hugs and love ~ Sheri :)

Anonymous said...

I love seeing how God puts everything together in His plan for the your family. I am so blessed to see Him use Renae to assist with what needs to be done in NC. The West Coast awaits the Root's arrival! Yeah family!!! I will count the sleeps until we can all be together!

Love always,
Mom

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo of you and your sister! How special. I am so happy she can help you! We are praying for all of you!
Blessings,
Emily J.

For Marion--I don't do FB either but that link Amy posted just went to a photo and a brief explanation of the photo. I didn't have to sign in or anything. It just took me straight there. You might try clicking on it to see the photo and explanation.

Anonymous said...

For Emily, Wow! We must go at it from different pathes. When I just clicked on it it asked me for my email address and a bunch of stuff. Oh well, I'll just trust FAather to see what He wants me to see. Thanks for trying to help me, though. Marion