Thursday, January 31, 2013

Seeking God for FULL Restoration

I count it such a blessing an honor to be my man's wife.  I often tell him I can't believe he picked me to be his wife, truly an honor!!!  I also count it a privilege to pray for him and to continuously trust God for His will with Adam's life.  I never would have imagined that our love would continue to grow and strengthen to the depths that it has in the last 2 and half years of walking this journey and I am consistently amazed by God's grace and unfailing love in it all.  I cannot surrender to Adam's brain injury, I will continue to seek God daily sometimes hourly for Adam's FULL restoration.  I have asked that those who feel led to, to please consider fasting for Adam's FULL restoration tomorrow February 1st.

In my last post I mentioned that I sought pastoral and biblical counsel as to whether or not it was appropriate for me to ask others to fast for Adam's FULL restoration.  Fasting for me is very personal and I want it to remain personal especially for all of you who choose to participate, so please do not reply letting us know whether you are fasting... please just boldly go before the throne of grace on Adam's behalf.

When I was seeking counsel, our pastor put it this way... fasting is an intense time of prayer,we often ask for friends and family to pray for a need, a situation, or even a family member.... asking others to fast is asking them to join us in an intense time of prayer... so I am asking you all to enter an intense time of prayer tomorrow for Adam's healing. 

Our pastor encouraged me with this and with his permission I am passing this on to you...
 

"In Luke 17:6. Jesus tells us that we can "say to a mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted into the sea,'" and it will obey us. The New Testament was written in the Greek language, and in the Greek it literally says, "Keep on continuously saying to the mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted.'" In other words, one of Jesus' core teachings on prayer is that we may have to continuously speak into the problem, day after day, month after month, year after year, as I know you have been doing (see Luke 18:1). We may see a dramatic healing after Friday, February 1. If not, let's not become discouraged, but let's continue to speak into the problem.
 
God will do one of two things as a result of your obedient, fervent prayers. In Hebrews 11:1-34 we see SUPERNATURAL FAITH. Miracles occur, dead people come back to life, armies and enemies are destroyed. However, in the second part of that chapter (Hebrews 11:35-40) we see SUSTAINING FAITH. Miracles don't occur, yet God's people don't give up. The answer doesn't come like people would like, yet they still cling to God. The Bible says, "These were all commended for their faith" (v.40). So, if God performs a miracle, He will commend you for your faith. If the miracle doesn't occur right away, He will still commend you for your faith. Sustaining faith is as powerful (if not more so) as supernatural faith." (Pastor Chad Harvey)
 
Please start by thanking  God for the amazing and already miraculous healing that has already taken place in Adam, the fact that he is talking, walking, and reading and writing is miraculous all in itself!  Please pray for Adam's memory both past memory and the ability to create and obtain new memories (right now Adam has the loss of about 13 years of memory and can only hold onto a new memory for about 5-20 minutes).  
 
Pray that Adam will not surrender to his injury but with God's joy and strength continue to persevere in each moment.  Pray for Adam's vision (he is unable to see out of the right side of his right and left eyes, and his visual perception is tilted), pray for his endurance and the patience he needs for his recovery.  Pray that God will continue give us a fresh and new love for each other.  Pray against discouragement in both myself and in Adam, especially as he has become more aware of the loss of his memory.  Pray for peace for Adam, often times his brain injury gets upset and likes to be angry with me.   Please don't forget to look at the post I previously did on this, our house will be open for anyone who wants to come by and pray for Adam. 
 
Thank you for praying for my man and for believing with me in his FULL restoration, trusting God has it all in HIS perfect timing. 
 
Adam's mom Cookie came for a visit!

My not so little girl
 
Too cute of picture not to share, even though it's blurry
 
My man!

Working hard at a typing program, already typing 28 words per minute!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear One, I will pray/trust as you have requested. Too, I will REJOICE in the answers Father gives us so richly from His storehouse of blessing. I love you and am honored to be a part of your journey. Marion

Anonymous said...

I appreciated you sharing the message from Pastor Chad. Please give him my best. Love the pictures! Mackenzie has grown up so much since I saw her out there in October. Love to all three of you.

Love and prayers,
Mom/Karen/Grandma

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy--
Thank you for allowing us to pray for you, your daughter, and Adam. It is an honor. Thank you for the ideas on how to pray...it really helps. Verses that we often prayed over my father after a stroke:
Psalm 103
Of David.

1 Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Praying today!
Love,
Emily J.
Sanford, NC

Sheri Halberg said...


Hi dear Amy ~

Today has been jotted on my calendar for quite awhile ... fervently seeking God on Adam's and your behalf today, Sister! You all look GREAT, by the way, too :) Adam looks better and better each time we see pics. May God continue all the miracles ... even above all we can imagine as the Word says.

Love and hugs to all three of you ~
Sheri

Sheri Halberg said...


Feb. 3, 2013

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, " dear Adam!! Thinking of you today and asking God to bless you abundantly, guide you and continue His complete healing process in you. Have a great year ahead!!

Love from Snohomish, WA. ~
Sheri :)