Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Please Join Us...

 
Before Adam's injury I never quite got excited for the new year like I do now... now I get so excited at the potential of a new year!  I can't wait to see all that God is going to do!  2013 brings new horizons of endless potential!  With the changing of the year it also brings changes in our journey... where we are at the beginning of this year is so far removed from where we were at the beginning of last year PRAISE THE LORD for progress! 

I am challenged this year to pray specifics for Adam's recovery.  I ask that those who are partnering with us in prayer for Adam's FULL restoration and healing, please also consider praying for specifics in Adam's recovery.  If God has already given you something to pray specifically for, then I want to say thank you for your prayers and for the your continued support in our journey.  As we go forward in the next year I am praying specifically for Adam's memory, both the return of his memory and the ability to create new memories.  I am praying that God will breathe new life into the areas of Adam's brain that have shown "medically and scientifically" to be dead.  I am praying for increased awareness EVERY day.  I am praying that God will bring forth new brain cells, new axons, new neurons (This is easy for God, NOTHING is impossible for Him), I am praying that where diffusion has occurred, that it will be mended.  Praying also for provisions over some much needed resources.

James 5:13-18
Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise.  Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.  Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.

Never question God healing Adam or doubt for one second that He has abandoned our journey... Adam continues to prove that God heals, that God still provides incredible miracles.  Healing may not be taking form in the way that "I want", but healing is happening in Adam moment by moment by God's continued mercy and grace and in His perfect timing.  To some this might sound trite, to me this comforts.  As I seek God as my refuge, waiting on Him daily, He continues to hold me tightly in His love.  He continues to allow me to feel Him tangibly every moment that He is healing Adam.  Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

God shows me daily that in His timing, lives are being transformed, purification is happening, in my dark hours He is showing up with His flashlight to guide my thoughts back to Him, you see... God is my only hope, science gave up on Adam, by definition Adam "failed" rehab, BUT God, God, has done and continues to do the impossible in Adam. He is faithful and never fails.  I will continue to take comfort in waiting on Him and His timing, because it is perfect and amazing.  Isaiah 41:10 (NLT) Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. (I added emphsis)

After seeking some pastoral advice about what I am about to present to you... I ask that before you continue to read any further, you stop and pray.  Pray whether or not to participate in the following opportunity...

Many of you joined Adam's uncle in fasting for Adam after his injury first occurred, Adam's uncle and a couple of his cousins did a beautiful job writing a blog encouraging those who were fasting and providing resources... the blog can be found at http://fasting-for-adam.blogspot.com/  I would like to ask you all to join me once again in fasting for Adam's FULL restoration.  As we enter the new year it has been pressing on my heart to ask those walking with us in our journey to fast for Adam.  Adam's birthday is coming up February 3, but since that is Super Bowl Sunday I won't ask for that day, but I will ask that you join me Friday February 1, 2013 to fast on whatever capacity you can for Adam's FULL restoration. 

For those who would like to come and lay hands on Adam and pray for him in person, we are opening our house up from 6pm-8:30pm.  I will provide more details in an email for those that would like to attend.  Please email adamrootfamily@gmail.com and for those who can't attend in person, please still consider spending the day with us approaching the throne of grace with boldness and confidence for Adam's FULL restoration.

Adam's uncle Doug posted this on his blog a couple years ago and I love it... ponder it.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear Amy, Father is soooo amazing. He does above and beyond what we ask. For me, I have been changed by reading and spendung tme with Father. It IS amazing to realize the God of the universe calls me friend and takes care of ALL my needs. You have seen this in your life. As you said, Father hasn't stopped heailng Adam. Adam WILL restore Adam FULLY. In fact, as far as Father is concerned, Adam is already healed. Father is above time. He sees the end from the beginning. He is just waiting for us to reach the point where Adam is whole once again. I love you, and continue to trust Father for ou and your sweet family, Marion

Anonymous said...

opps, that is "Father " will restore Adam. :) Marion

Anonymous said...

Very neat video...I'm praying...
Emily J.

Sheri Halberg said...


Count me in, my sister :) I will be fasting for Adam on Feb. 1st. You are a mighty warrior ~ not only for Jesus, but for Adam, too!

Lots of love to all three of you ~
Sheri