Saturday, December 22, 2012

Seasons

What a whirlwind of a month.  In a little over a week, we have had 60 hours of appointments, 700 miles of travels for appointments and 3 exhausted people!  This has been typical of this entire month.  I am so thankful for those who have reached out to encourage us whether by letter, texts, meals, errands, and even the sweet gifts that are under our tree because of you.  God's faithfulness through all of you lifts me up, encourages me, renews my faith, and teaches me that to daily trust Him at His word is worth every difficult moment we have faced in the last several weeks.

Adam this week, he was under going some tests and monitoring




I took this picture on the ways home from one of my days at UNC
 

The greatest gift I have receieved over the last year has been the richness God has given me in His word.  Teaching me and showing me that I can truly take Him at His word.  Whether I go before Him competely broken with what seems like nothing to offer except my broken heart or whether I go before Him with complete and utter adoration and humility filled with inexpressible joy or whether it's with tears of sorrow or tears of joy... God has faithfully met me and continues to meet me daily in His word.  I recently went through my journal over this last year and I was so humbled and blessed by the richness of God's word and the people He has placed in my path to share a story of encouragement, and those that He has called into our journey.

One of the most difficult lessons I am having to learn is that God brings people in and out of our lives for seasons.  Some stay for the long seasons, while others may serve a short season... some we are blessed with for life!  (This is not meant to offend anyone, this is just from my heart)  I have grieved many relationships over the last year... One day while I was crying out to God questioning why dear friends have walked away from our difficult season, God revealed this concept of seasons to me... that even our friends have seasons in our lives.  We ourselves even go through seasons, sometimes we are in seasons when we can give ourselves abundantly in friendships and there are seasons when God allows us to receive from our friendships. 

He has also showed me that He is removing those whose season has come to an end, or even those who no longer believe in or encourage us while we wait patiently and hopeful of Adam's FULL restoration.  BUT in God's faithfulness and in His way of being our Jehoviah Jirah, He has also faithfully provided and called people into our journey.  That while He might remove, He will always provide.  I am blessed by all who have shared a season of their life with us... and I am thankful for the those who are stepping into our lives to share a season together.

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
 
I just wanted to share some pictures from our month with you all... hope you enjoy!
Sunset in Fuquay Varina, NC a couple of weeks ago

We had the wonderful blessing to worship with The Katinas
 
Adam and his good friend Kelly
Adam and John playing basketball
 
Adam and Debbie making Christmas decorations

Apples to Apples!  Adam won, but I must say it was a close game!

Kenny teaching Adam guitar
 
Adam and our dear friend Jan
(Jan I don't know where I would be without you these last few weeks, I love you)

Adam strung the lights on our tree with no help!  Praise the Lord for this!  I am not very good at it.
 
Mackenzie placing the angel on the top of the tree
 
Adam with Mackenzie at her paino recital! 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear One, I check your blog everyday. What JOY to see so many wonderful pictures. My boys always put the lights on the tree. Actually, the kids almost always decorate the tree. I take care of everything else. I love you and am trusting Father to give you JOY unspeakable and full of GLORY. Merry Christmas. Marion

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed seeing all the photos and as always hearing what God is doing in your life! I keep meaning to email...I would love to set up a time to meet when you are coming through Sanford again!! I was so excited to read that...just haven't had a chance to respond yet! That would be wonderful!! (Wow...you got to see the Katinas...was that in Raleigh somewhere? That would have been neat to see!) Anyway, my family and I continue to pray for you all almost daily as we did tonight in family devotions! It is a blessing to pray for all of you!
Merry Christmas to you!
Love in Christ,
Emily J.

Sheri Halberg said...


Hi dear Amy ~

In reading today's post, I feel honored to be a part of your journey ... even in a small way from afar. With every picture of Adam, I see more strength, healing and presence in his eyes. God is doing a miracle! I just recently heard a prophesy for 2013 where it is declared the year of grace ~ where God will bring to pass the thing we have most been praying for. I claim that for all of us in Jesus' Name! I always continue to pray for you and I pray for God to richly bless you, Adam and Mackenzie this Christmas.

Much love ~
Sheri

Vicky Scott said...

I appreciated your recent comments. It made complete sense to me about seasons because we have experienced this ourselves in the last five and a half years since Jonathan's accident. Thank you for bringing the Lord's perspective to this phenomenon that most go through when there is a tragedy. It has changed my perspective towards those whose profile we no longer meet.

I would love to hear more about the many doctors appointments and hours spent regarding Adam. I am always eager to hear anything that might help Jonathan.

Anonymous said...

I was just checking your blog again. You know, while it's the children who usually decorate the tree, I usually get to undecorate it. I like it. With a hug, Marion