Monday, December 31, 2012

Faithful in Miracles... 2012 What A Year!

I was reminiscing tonight with friends about our journey, and I was giving thanks for creating memories as a family... I know that I have blogged about this before, but I want to share again... it is truly a miracle and a gift that we have been given to create the memories we have this year.  I remember laying in Adam's hospital bed with him in Boston crying because I so badly wanted to create memories as family outside of a hospital... this year 2012, Adam returned home and the memories we have cherished will never be taken for granted.

Psalm 57:10 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

I have spent most of the last week reflecting on the 2012 and all that God has done for us.  But before I share with you the list of all the miracles we have seen... we have one more to share!!!!!

ADAM RODE A BICYCLE!!!!!  Yes!!!! A Bicycle!!!!  Unassisted!
This is Adam and I riding bikes in our neighborhood!  Adam has the biggest smile on his face!
 

This is me telling Adam how incredible he is and what a blessing it is to be his wife!
 
 
In 2012 we celebrated Adam's return to living at home!  We have watched as God has restored Adam's ability to speak in a normal tone of voice.  We watched not just Adam's walk improve, but we watched him run!  We stood in awe and wonder as Adam wrote and read for the first time in 2 years.  I was amazed as I watched Adam mow the yard, golf 9 holes, bowl a 112, typed his first email, cooked me dinner, ate sushi with chopsticks, traveled cross country, kayaked, casted his own vote... wow... wow, as I sit here and type I am wiping tears from my face, I am in awe and adoration of what a mighty God we serve and how far He has brought us.  THANK YOU JESUS, YOU ARE SO FAITHFUL!!!  Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God.
 
The video below is created using only pictures from this year... just look how much we have to rejoice and give thanks for!
video



I can't wait to see what God is going to do in 2013!  Healing is happening!  God is healing Adam EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY... keep praying and believing with us for Adam's FULL restoration.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...riding a bicycle!! That is totally AWESOME! God is all over that! Riding a bicycle, of course, takes so much balance and coordination...God is continuing to do miracles! I loved seeing the video slideshow. One thing I have noticed as time has gone on since I have been reading your blog is that his expressions now are so much different than they were before. He has so many different expressions now and they are more pronounced...you can really tell how he is feeling now with his expressions more than before! Looking forward to seeing what God will be doing in 2013 in your lives!
Emily J.

Unknown said...

Love you so much! How far you all have come, and a bike rid as a family so fun! Thank you for letting us rejoice with you. Your updates as such a blessing to us who are far away. Love you Rachel Newby

Anonymous said...

Oh tears and tears of joy! God continues His faithfulness! What a journey in 2012 with another exciting healing, progressing one ahead for 2013. Honored to be a part of it with you three! May God continue to restore and renew. His love is amazing and shines through in your lives.

Love, Mom/Karen/Grandma

Kathleen said...

You three are amazing! I LOVE that we were able to see you guys THREE different times in 2012...so awesome! I'm so thankful for each visit we had! Praying for continued healing for our men this year and excited to see the ways the Lord uses both of our stories for His glory! Love you friend!!!

Kathleen Darling

Anonymous said...

Oh, My Dear Girl!! How wonderous to see Adam through the year. It was fun recognizing some of the pictures as I went through the clip. PLEASE tell Adam how proud I am of him. Riding a bike IS something to cheer about. My friend, reding your blog today reminded me of the HOPE I have in my situation. Father is working miracles for me too. I just don't always see them and forget. I love you and continue to trust Father for each of you. Marion

Anonymous said...

Just overwhelmed with the Joy and Goodness of God !! Yes, those pictures make us shout and celebrate!! You are all such a display of God's grace and beauty!!! WOW!! What an AMAZING year ! And I believe that in 2013 we will see even more miracles as God keeps day by day, moment by moment restoring Adam! Love you guys so much.. thanks for the great slide show !!

Vicky Scott said...

Incredible accomplishments. Only God and His servants being willing to serve Adam. You are an incredible wife surrounded with a wonderful daughter and loving family and friends who have diligently supported Adam. God is Good!