Sunday, November 25, 2012

Update With WRAL TONIGHT!!!

Friday night I received a phone call from WRAL asking if they could do an update on our family and our journey.  My first response was "it's been a difficult few days for Adam", then I stopped... and I asked for time to think about it and pray over it.  Because I realized I wanted to say no because it was a difficult time and I had some fear around sharing that... If they were going to do an update, my hearts desire was for them to see Adam at his best... I was instantly convicted.  God is in control even when it feels like chaos in my own world.  He knew this update was coming and it was no surprise to him... I spent the next 24 hours praying to make the right decision about what to do... here is what God gave me...
 
I placed my name in the following scripture verses...
 
There is no fear in love. But perfect love, MY love casts out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.  The one who fears is not made perfect in love.  Have I not commanded you?  Amy, be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for I the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.  Amy trust ME (rely on, lean on, and be confident) and do good.  Feed on my faithfulness and truly you shall be fed.  Amy, delight yourself in ME, and I will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.  Commit your way to ME (roll and repose each care of your load on ME); Amy trust in ME and I will bring it to pass.  Be still and rest in ME Amy, wait for ME and patiently lean yourself upon ME. 
 
Amy, do not fling away your fearless confidence, for it carries a great and glorious compensation of reward.  You have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish MY will, and thus receive and carry away and enjoy to the full what I have promised you.
 
Amy, you are MY chosen person, you are MY very own possession.  As a result you can show others MY goodness, for I called you out of darkness and into my wonderful light.  My love will quiet your fears and give you confidence.
 
(Scripture verses 1John 4:18, Joshua 1:9, Pslam 37:3-7, Hebrews 10:35&36, and 1 Peter 2:9)
 
My answer... I am humbled and honored to get to share God's goodness, it is because of God's goodness and His grace that Adam is here, walking, talking, and even living in our own home!  How can I not share that through JESUS Adam is being healed and renewed EVERY day.  I continue to give thanks for the healing that has taken place, the healing that is taking place, and for the healing that is still yet to come.  I continue to approach His throne with boldness and expectancy for Adam's FULL restoration... we have only just seen a glimpse of what is still yet to come.  I know Jesus heals, I am seeing it every day! Adam is in God's hands and so are we!
 
Watch for an update from our journey on WRAL tonight at 6:00pm EST!  I will post a link to our story later for those who don't live in the area!
 
Adam with Sloan

Filming our journey!
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is truly incredible, Amy...just last night as I was posting to your last blog about being thankful I was thinking "I sure wish WRAL would do an update on them because the first interview was so special." (I almost posted that last night how I wish they would.) And now...I got on here today and you are saying they are doing it tonight!!! Kind of gives me goose bumps! I can't wait to see it. I had considered ordering a copy of the first one. I pray many will see Christ in you both in the interview. Thanks for letting us know! :o)
Love in Christ,
Emily Jordan

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing the follow up segment. Your scriptures are a testimony of how God continues to give you strength and what you need for the very present moment. Love you ALL very much.

Love, Mom/Karen/Grandma

Anonymous said...

I just watched it on WRAL.com and it was great to see you all but I had hoped it would be a longer interview. Do you know if there will be a Web-only exclusive like last time? Everyone looks terrific! Fun to see your daughter too! She seems so sweet!
Emily Jordan

Anonymous said...

Dear One, I am looking forward to the link. Father is GOOD. I am excited for those in the TV audience to see what He has done. Thank you for the verses and for putting your name in them. That's what I need to do, and to share with my friend. I love you and conrinue to trust Father for you and your sweet family. Marion