Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tis So Sweet To Trust in Jesus

In the wake of this election I must say I am most grateful for a renewed eternal perspective, and the importance of having eternal focus.  Know this is not our home, but what waits for us is far greater than we could ever hope for.  Trusting in Jesus, trusting Him at His word and the promise for His return.

In Mackenzie's bedroom hangs a poster that says...

Some days
I can be strong, I can be weak
I can be proud, I can be meek
I can be gentle, or I can be tough
I can explode when I've had enough
Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry
Sometimes I lose, but I always will try
I always get up when I am knocked down
and make a smile out of any frown
I hope that God likes me the day that we meet
If only for a chance to sit as his feet
and be by His side year after year
while all the bad things just disappear
So when life gets tough and it's hard to be strong
I'll never forget HEAVEN IS WHERE I BELONG

I love this poem, I love that it does point out we should have an eternal perspective... this life is so short compared to eternity.  If ever we needed to be on our knees and praying for an eternal perspective... tis now.

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious! And an awesome perspective -- one only God can fulfill!! Amen.
TW (friend of Cale & Kathleen's)

Anonymous said...

Father KNEW from before the beginning of time things would be as they are. King Jesus is still on the throne. NONE, I repeat NONE, can be or do anything without goin through Him. Praise the LORD!!! I continue to trust Father for you and your sweet family, Marion

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! So wonderful to have you blogging some again!
Love and Prayers--
Emily Jordan
Sanford, NC