Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksliving

Thankful doesn't even begin to describe the over flowing gratitude my heart feels.  Getting to spend Thanksgiving in our own home without even having to ask permission for Adam to join us!!!  This was an incredible gift!

The last few weeks all 3 of us have been sick and with little time to rest... so being able to be home for an entire day was amazing!

Many of you have done an amazing job at posting on facebook all that you are thankful for, and I have so enjoyed reading them and rejoicing and praising the Lord alongside of you all.  Those of you who have been faithfully reading have heard me say this time and time again... I often write down what I am thankful for especially in times when it seems like my world is falling apart and I am hurting.  It really does help create contentment.  Paul writes in Philippians 4:11-13I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. AND in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

So a couple of months ago, I decided I needed my thankful notes to be visible... I needed to always be reminded how much I have to be thankful for... more important now as the weariness for our journey has moments of really taking it's toll on me.  So I put Adam to work and this is what we made...
This is our "Wall of Thankfulness"
 
I designed it and Adam helped me create it and bring it to life!  It has been so much fun adding to it and even seeing what our friends and family write as they visit.  What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What am I thankful for? My BIGGEST thing is Father loving me, and picking me up NO MATTER how many times I fall. I was telling a friend how I am very aware of my sins. I seem to be constantly sinning. She said of course you are. That helps us to realize the blessing of God's grace to us. I am thankful for life and what Father puts before me. I am thankful to learn that ALL things grow me into the person Father wants me to be. I am thankful for the examples of David and Joseph, getting to see how their reactions to their circumstances grew them into the men of Faith Father wanted them to be. I am grateful for the gifts of my husband, children, and grandchildren...just the life Father chose for me. I am grateful for you and how FAther has used you in my life. I lvoe you, and continue to trust Father's hand upon you and yuor sweet family, Marion

Anonymous said...

Wow, I got on this blog and realized there were THREE postings since the last time I checked so I had to go back and read the ones I missed!! Thank you for sharing the restaurant story with us! That was awesome! The thankfulness wall you and Adam made was so great! I LOVE IT! (Very creative.) What am I thankful for...wow...so many things--my Savior, first and foremost, my wonderful husband of almost 21 years, my two precious children, my Christian parents, my sister, my niece and nephews, my in-laws, my warm home, all the food and comforts we have, my little dachshund--Mimi (she makes me laugh she is so silly), fall leaves, snowflakes that are yet to be seen, a beautiful sunset, rainbows, mountains, the ocean...I could go on and on...God has blessed my life so much! He has blessed me through knowing of you and your family!
Emily Jordan