Thursday, November 1, 2012

God Is Faithful and He Is ALL We Need... Seek Him

We are all God's miracles

If anyone doubts or questions if God still provides life altering, life changing miracles, just take a look at our family.  Adam is truly God's representative of His miracle working hands!  Over two years ago now, I sat and listened to  doctors tell me that Adam would never speak again and most likely be unable to communicate in any way.  We have seen God move mightily through Adam's recovery and we know this is not the case.  If fact not only is Adam speaking, but he is usually ALL 4 modalities of communication, speaking, writing, reading, and listening!!!

The last couple of months God has been showing me the importance of seeking Him with ALL my heart.  Being intentional about seeking Him.  And even if He doesn't feel close, knowing that He is and seeking Him just the same as I did when I could feel Him ever so present.  Seeking Him whole heatedly when I don't feel Him near has been difficult, but what I am learning is to wait on Him in these moments... HE IS so near to those who love Him and seek him. 

Seek Him in His word, He is faithful and true to His word, I am not just saying this as words... I am living it out loud.  For all of those who have wondering and even asked the question "how are we making it?"  This is how.  GOD IS FAITHFUL beyond words, HE IS FAITHFUL.  I don't just mean this fiscally, He is faithful in sustaining me even in our weary schedule.  This is also a testament that God still does miracles... it's a miracle right now that I get to be by Adam side during his continued therapies and be the one who gets to be with him since he is unable to be left on his own, that I get to be Mackenzie's mom and be here for her when she returns from a hard day at school... He provides what we need for the moment.  I am trusting God for this moment, I am not worried about what the future may hold, because God is enough for me this moment.

It's not enough just to say we trust in God, I had to ask myself, am I living it... I am, I am trusting Him for His strength, His mercy, His grace, His love, and EVERY provision we need, whether it's a tank of gas, groceries, or provisions for Adam's medical needs.  I encourage you, when you see someone in need, don't just ask them what you can do for them or ask them what they need, but seek God and and ask Him if He would use you and to show you where and how.  Because seeking Him is our greatest privilege and He will meet you where you are with exactly what you need. 

My testimony on how we are making it... GOD IS ALL WE NEED, HE IS FAITHFUL, and He is providing.

Dueteronomy 4:29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.

1 Chronicles 16:10 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

1 Chronicles 28:9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Psalm 34:10 The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

6 comments:

Carlee said...

woot woot! Amen sister! So excited about what God has done and is doing in your family! Happy November!

Adam & Amy Root said...

Thanks Carlee, love to you and kiss Jude for me.

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to see your new post. I check every mmorning to see if you have written. What a pleasure to ALL your smiling faces. Father IS faithful...even when we are not. I am in BSF (Bible Study
Fellowship). We're studying Genesis right now. I am in awe of Father's mercy. THANK YOU for the reminder to put seeking Father first ABOVE all else (even blogging) :) I respect your wisdom. I am looking forward to The New Earth, so we can have a nice long visit. Unless, of course, Father crosses our p[aths down here. I love you and continue to trust Father for your sweet family, Marion

Anonymous said...

Dear One, I came across this verse in my bible reading, "Luke 11:9-13...So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to who knocks it will be opened. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know ow to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" Again, I thank you for putting Father to the forefront. I love you. Marion

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this with me yesterday morning. Like I mentioned it was hearing the message God has been laying on your heart for so long. Blessings over you, Adam, and Mackenzie.

Love you ALL!
Mom/Karen/Grandma

Vicky Scott said...

So good to see you posting again, and great to read the update. God is Good.