Thursday, March 22, 2012

Heavy Heart

My heart is so heavy tonight for so many friends going through so many journeys of their own... I have been in a constant state of prayer today... I watched as an acquaintance had a mental breakdown at work today and most likely lost his job, my heart hurts for a friend's child who has been having suicidal thoughts because of bullies at school, and another friend grieving the loss of a miscarriage, another friend ruining his life with worldly things like drugs and alcohol.  I feel these pains for my friends and my heart physically aches.  I know that these circumstances can feel so overwhelming and I know the emotional pains hurt far worse then the physical ones.  I feel these pains so much deeper than I would have 2 years ago.  I can't help but lay at the foot of the cross today broken, not for myself and my circumstances, but for those struggling in their own journeys.  How my heart hurts.

All day today I have been in a consistant state of prayer, praying without ceasing.  One thing I know for sure, God never promised life would be easy and painless... no, His word says "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33.  Tonight I pray that those people in the circumstances above will take heart, knowing God has overcome this world, knowing He has claimed victory, knowing that we should keep our eyes focused not on the things of this world, but on our end prize... standing face to face with Jesus.  Please pray for those that I listed above... each one of them needs constant prayer right now.  Each one of them needs to feel God in a very real, very tangible way right now.  Each of them need to meet Jesus... pray that their hearts would be open to allowing God to fill them with His spirit, to fill them with His peace.  Oh how my heart is heavy, not just for their circumstances, but for their own hearts and lives.  I am taking heart tonight knowing God has won and claimed victory and one day EVERY knee will bow and EVERY tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord of ALL!

I want to be bold in sharing my faith, I want my faith to be the defining factor of my life... I want to share my faith so that others will not perish but meet my Savior Jesus and spend eternity in heaven with Him... and there is only one way to heaven and that is through Jesus... recognizing we have all sinned and have fallen short, but that Christ died for us, forgiving us of our sins that seperated us from Him and giving us grace and mercy so that we may spend eternity in heaven.  John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  1 Peter 3:18  For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit. 

Two years ago I don't think I could have felt this deeply or even known how to pray for or comfort those facing such painful circumstances, and last year I couldn't see beyond my own circumstances...  I am so thankful that my journey is daily teaching me to live beyond myself, beyond my circumstances.  What a priviledge it is to pray for others, to cry for others... to love beyond myself.  In spite of how hard of prayer this is, I will continue to pray that God will break my heart for the things that break His... and I challenge you all to join me in this prayer. 

Psalm 30:5  "weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." 


PS:  UPDATE ON ADAM AND OUR FAMILY SOON... I just wanted to share my heart and ask you to join me in praying without ceasing for those I mentioned as well as those in your life who have not yet met their Savior.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the other prayer requests. Thank you for the song, I needed to hear that. I continue to trust Father for each of you. Marion

Anonymous said...

Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!