Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Believing In God's Promises and Rejoicing Along The Way

I can't wait to share all the amazing things going on...

Throughout the month of March we have seen God move in a mighty, mighty way!!!  Our month started with Adam's termination and that process has been a nightmare going through it... his company did not make the transition easy at all.  We are still having to finish and go through mounts of paperwork because of the disruption caused.  It came really close (down to hours) of disrupting Adam's care and therapies.  I was on the phone trying to figure out how to get it all to work out and the lady on the phone said to me I was asking the impossible, she said to me that I was asking for 3 weeks worth of paperwork to be completed in less than 12 hours and that there was no way it was going to happen... apparently she hasn't met my God, because He moves in MIGHTY ways... she got to see for herself... all of Adam's paperwork came through in those 12 hours and miraculously there was no disruption to his care!!!  Isn't God good!!

We are working really hard to get Adam home for good.  His physicians and therapists do not recommend him coming home because of the level of care they feel he needs.  I disagree, Adam is different at home... he's relaxed and thrives in our home.  They feel that with escalating agitation and his risk of fleeing that he wouldn't be safe at home or that he could put Mackenzie and I at risk.  I am praying that we will be able to bring him home and that he could go back to being in the day treatment program.  Please be praying for this.  Our family needs routine and with Adam in a facility it's very hard to have any form of routine.

I don't even know where to begin to share all of Adam's progress... I am going to start with the biggest news... Adam has become completely continent!!!!!  This has taken months of work both at home and in therapy!!!!!  I am so excited to report healing in this area!!!  Over this last month Adam's physical therapist Karen has been awesome at getting Adam out and finding interests, she has taken him to play frisbee golf, she has taken him swimming, and when she was retesting Adam today on his progress levels he has made impressive gains this month!  In speech therapy, Adam is so much, his writing has improved the most (including his spelling).  Tonight we were playing action charades, I would write an action on the white board and Adam would have to act it out... I wrote a word not realizing I had misspelled it, and Adam says to me "Uhhh, I don't think you spelled that word correctly"!!!  He still needs a lot of prayer around his Aphasia, he struggles so much trying to find the right words and expressing them.  This will take another miracle, so please keep praying that God will heal Adam's Aphasia.

This weekend, Adam's mom was visiting from Oregon.  She took us out to get a lawn mower (which I am sure all of our neighbors are rejoicing as well, our lawn was quite long)... when it was delivered on Monday, I asked Adam if he wanted to try mowing a strip of grass.  He didn't just mow a strip, he mowed the ENTIRE yard!!!  He even turned the mower and lined it up where he left off and kept going... so incredible!!!  This is so incredible when I step back to think about the entire journey and all that I have been told Adam would never do again and all that he has endured... and with Christ's power and strength he continues to overcome so many obstacles... he mowed the lawn!!!

I know this has been such a long journey and I thank you all for praying for us regularly... it's because of your prayers that nearly 2 years later Adam continues to make gains and improved DAILY!  This is a miracle in and of itself!!!  Thank you for your prayers, we still have a long road ahead of us and we really need you all to continue to join us in prayer as we fight our way through this exhausting journey.  Adam needs prayer for his memory, specifically his short term memory. Please pray that his short term memory will show signs of being intact and pray that the Lord will heal the connections necessary for his short term memory to start working.  Please also pray for his muscles to lengthen again not making everyday life and movement painful.  Please continue to pray for his Aphasia.  Please pray for the many hands invovled in Adam's recovery, his docotors, therapists, and those working with him hour by hour.

Often when Adam and I pray together, he thanks God for His promises. It's clear through his prayers that he fears the Lord and loves Him... it's evident that Adam believes in ALL of God's promises for him. This is the promise I am holding onto and beleiving in Jeremiah 33:6 Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.  I will continue to believe in God's promises for Adam's restoration and in the process we will rejoice along the way!  Join us in praying for Adam's FULL restoration and believing with us in God's promises of health and healing, and abundant peace and security.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to hear Adam mowed the lawn!!! :o) Thank you for letting us know about all the the progress you are seeing in him! It is encouraging to us, as a family, when we pray for all of you each evening that we are seeing answers!! (My husband prayed specifically tonight for your daughter, which we often forget to do!) God is so good! :o)
Emily Jordan
Sanford, NC

Anonymous said...

Dear One, I love it when Father shows the professionals...well...that He is in charge. That is WAY COOL. I rejoice with you in all Father has done for Adam. May you, too, feel the healing hand of our Almighty God for you injury. I don't know what Father has in store for you. I do KNOW Father wouldn't bring you this far to stop right here. I do KNOW Father, being above time, has already seen Adam's FULL restoration. I do KNOW that He's in the business of doing for more than we even think and ask. Too, I know He delights in answering the prayers of the rigtheous. I love you and continue to trust Father for each of you. Marion

Anonymous said...

Amy, Thank you for letting us know specifically how God is working in your lives. I was so encouraged today to read about Adam's progress! You guys are in our prayers.
The Spades

The Furman's said...

Hi Amy! I'm Sarah. I was one of jody's roomates. I also live in Fuquay and would love to reconnect to you. Please email me. bill.Sarah.furman at gmail dot com