Thursday, February 2, 2012

True Security Comes Only Through Christ

This has been a very difficult day, like I have mentioned before in other blog posts, this journey is so multifaceted.  There are so many components and balls to juggle, every day this journey is more than I can handle on my own.  I am so thankful that when I am weak, HE is strong.  Where would I be without the strength of Christ?  I don't really want to know the answer to that question, I hope I never find out.  I can't walk this weary journey without Him holding me and carrying me in the palm of His hands every day.

Today has been an extremely tearful day, it started out in the social security office just trying to manage Adam's care... it ended with a letter of termination from Adam's employer.  With a termination date set for later this month, we loose all of our medical benefits... this doesn't give me much time to process and try to come up with a plan.  You can imagine how difficult this was to receive, I knew eventually it would probably happen, but I didn't expect it now.  No matter if you are expecting it, it doesn't make it any easier. 

I have been stripped of everything that I would have considered my security, this was the last piece, Adam's job.  I know God is teaching me that true security comes from walking with Him every day, true security comes from trusting in Him.  My only security comes from my faith in Jesus Christ, He truly is ALL I need, He is so faithful.

After lots of tears today and my heart completely broken, my prayer is just to know God is all I need, He is enough.  He has faithfully cared for us and provided for us this far, I will continue to trust in Him for ALL our needs.  There is nothing about this journey that has been easy or gets easier, but with God's grace being sufficient for each moment we will continue to make it one moment at a time.

Often my prayer requests are for Adam and for his physical and cognitive needs, please continue to pray for his FULL restoration, but tonight I also ask that you pray for me.  Pray that I will know the presence of God with me in each and every moment, pray that I will not loose sight of how amazing and wonderful it is to trust in the Lord with all my heart.  Pray that I do look at my circumstances, but keep my gaze fixed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the author of my faith.   I know I am weak, but I know the power of God's strength and I am thankful HE is strong.

Isaiah 40:28-31  "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holding you in constant prayer. Remember He knows the desires of your heart; after all He placed them there and they will not go unnoticed! I love you so much.

Always,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, my Sweet Friend, I know this sounds small, but I am glad Father did this AFTER the wedding. "Father, you are holding Adam, Amy, and Mackenzie in the palm of your hand. You have removed the earthly provision. Thank You, for providing a way for them. Thank YOU for making things VERY CLEAR to Amy. You have her husband in a different place right now. YOU are her husband, her provider, the one who takes care of ALL her needs. Thank You for giving her the peace that passes all understanding AND bringing the answer to her finacial needs in a SPECTACULAR way. After all, You own the cattle on a thousand hills. YOU hold all the earths wealth in YOUR HANDS. I love YOU Father. Thank You for loving us. AMEN (so be it...it is done) (Marion)

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you, dear Amy.
Emily Jordan

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you especially tonight, dear Amy. While our circumstances are very different, my husband's company folded nearly four years ago due to the recession and we, too, were without insurance of any kind. To this day, we still have no insurance, BUT God has done miracles to keep us afloat, has kept us both in good health, etc. All this to say that no matter how bleak it looks, God WILL pave the way for you and He WILL be your strength and provision. We have seen this first-hand in our lives for the past few years and we are still walking this journey, too. I know God will provide medical coverage for you and Adam and Mackenzie through another venue ... don't lose heart! God will show you the way.

Love and hugs to you ~
Sheri

autumn weikert said...

My dear friend,I will continue to pray for you, and weep with you in the difficult times. You are God's mighty warrior even in the midst of pain.
Love you dearly,
Autumn

Anonymous said...

Praying always!

We love you!

Aunt Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Sweet Amy, We are holding your sweet family up in prayer daily. I weep with you in this loss but we are asking the Father to replace this loss, "exceedingly, and abundantly above all you can imagine." His perfect unconditional love puts you in a "safe place." I know you know this or how would you have survived and thrived through this journey thus far. But Your faithfulness to declare Him loving and worthy of praise delights His heart and brings honor to Him in unbelievable ways. He has made a way in this part of the journey even if He has not yet revealed it to you. He will and does provide and He will not be late.. by His timetable. Loving you all 3! Jan

Jill said...

I have been following your story, but have never commented. My husband also used to work for your husband's employer. There is an "alumni" insurance option that you might want to look into - talk to HR. It's not as great as the normal insurance but it could be a good option for you.