Monday, January 9, 2012

Moments I Cherish

Song of Solomon 2:16 I am my lover's and my lover is mine;

Tonight I am blogging as one blessed little lady!  I just love my man and every day I get to spend with him is a cherished blessing!  I am so proud of my man and how hard he works every day, I can't even imagine what it must feel like for him to walk through each day and the challenges he faces.

This evening he was helping me around the house, we did laundry, made dinner, did the dishes, and unpacked a few boxes... and this is after a full day of therapy!  He did awesome helping me out.  At one point towards the end of our endless chore list Adam was very still and very quiet, I asked him what he was thinking about and he said our wedding.  Not sure if that was really what he was thinking about (since this is the first time he has ever mentioned thinking about our wedding), I asked him where we got married and he said the coast!!!!  He was right for the first time answering this question!!!  My man remembered our wedding!!!  As tears flowed from my face with excitement, I just let him hold me.  He remembers!  Our wedding!  I just love him so much!  This was such a sweet blessing and gift the Lord provided for me!


Adam was able to spend the night at home tonight even though tonight is not normally one of his nights, he has a couple doctor appointments tomorrow at UNC and it's much quicker if we leave from home.  I love having him here and can't wait till the day comes when he can return here for good!  Tomorrow we meet with the neurologist at UNC just for them to monitor Adam's seizure activity.  He has not had any more seizures since we returned to North Carolina so I am thankful for that, but I am also thankful that so much growth and healing has taken place since he had his grand mal seizure... I believe God is healing Adam every moment of every day.  I know He uses everything Adam goes through as part of His plans for Adam's recovery.  I believe and will never loose hope that Adam will be FULLY RESTORED.  We serve a mighty and powerful God, we have all been blessed to see that through Adam's recovery, Amen?!!!

My man remembered our wedding!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course he remembers your wedding day! You're the best thing that has ever happened to him...(besides His love for Jesus!)

Love always,
Mom

Anonymous said...

OH, AMY!! I am so thrilled for you. As you said, Father gave you a sweet gift. I love you, Marion

Unknown said...

And what a beautiful wedding it was=) I remember thinking about what a powerful symbol it was that you guys were married at the amazing light house. What a beautiful symbol of your life together. Love you Rachel

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

You are a courageous woman. Thank you for giving us an example of marriage that challenges wives to seek to honor their husbands more each day.

Emily Jordan said...

AMEN!! I am so happy for you that God provided that memory for Adam and for you! I know it must have seemed like a breath of fresh air!! I will pray for more things like that to encourage you in this journey! Praise God.
Emily Jordan
Sanford, NC

Emily Jordan said...

Oh...I also love seeing your wedding photos! They are precious and you were such a beautiful bride! The joy in your eyes was amazing! :o)
Emily Jordan
Sanford, NC

Anonymous said...

Oh happy day! I am a little behind reading your blog but since today is Adam's birthday I have been thinking about him and you most of the day. Amy I love your blogs and yur constant declarations of love for Adam. I love this story of Adam remembering your wedding.

Love, Aunt Gretchen