Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Glimpses


A Glimpse
I was given a gift on Monday that no one else has been able to give me this entire journey... Adam and I traveled to Dr. Kavanaugh's office (when I say travel it takes about an hour and half to get there)... Dr. Kavanaugh had me do some exercises, but they way he made me do them, not only did I have to concentrate ridiculously hard, but it took every bit of energy I had to execute the task given to me. I was concentrating so much that I couldn't even answer his questions while I was focused on the task given to me.

I maybe did 4 of these tasks/exercises, and I left there exhausted. Dr. Kavanaugh explained to me that what I just went through is what Adam goes through all day and with every task. He also explained to me that Adam will and has already began retraining himself to do things differently. Amazing. Dr. Kavanaugh continues to work with Adam on increasing Adam's peripheral vision, but helping Adam know where he is in space at all times. Adam has made tremendous progress even in the short time since our last visit.

I was so appreciative for the gift Dr. Kavanaugh gave me, no one has given me this tangible glimpse into my man's recovery. It has made me think differently and schedule differently for Adam's sake. I am a better wife and caregiver to Adam for having this little bit a knowledge given to me. Thank you Jesus, that He is always guiding our steps and for putting an amazing team together for my man!

Another Glimpse...

I have shared with you Adam's incredible faith and how it has transformed me and challenged me. Hearing Adam pray and listening to the depths of his soul is one of the most cherished gifts he has given me. Adam has shared with me his faith and prayer life since before his injury, but since his injury he doesn't seem to hold back when praying with me... he bares his soul to the Lord and it is truly beautiful. I love this glimpse that I have been given into his relationship with Jesus... I will forever cherish my man's heart and the gifts he gives me every day.

Better Than A Glimpse

When I was writing the above, it hit me like a ton of bricks... God has given us more than a glimpse into His heart... He has given us His written love letter (the Bible).  He gave us His only Son.  He gives us eternal life.  He gives us His unconditional love.  He gives us a glimpse of what is still to come... I am so excited that Jesus is coming again! 1 Timothy 6;12-16... Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who in his testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, to keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear One, The story of your glimpse reminded me of when a doctor read to me what my husband hears when we talk. He has major hearing problems even now. I am grateful for the reminder of what he goes through. Father is so amazing with all He is doing. I love getting to see how He works in your life. One day we will get to meet...maybe this side of the new earth even. I love you and am grateful for the gift of yuo in my life, Marion

Emily Jordan said...

It makes me think of what a strong man God has made your husband to be. Adam is working so hard and not giving up...he knows how much the Lord loves him but also the love of the precious wife God gave him! There is a lot for him to fight for and live for!
Blessings to you all,
Emily Jordan