Sunday, January 22, 2012

Following My Man's Example

Can I just tell you how much I am so madly and deeply in love with my man?!!! It is such a gift to share this life and this journey with a man who so deeply is in love with the Lord. Sometimes when I feel like this journey is moving slowly I will reflect on where we were this month last year, having been told early on that Adam would "never" speak again or understand language and a year ago this month spoke his very first word, showing us that he did understand language... to today, praying... giving thanks to God for who He is. Worshiping Jesus through his words, through his prayers... do you see how incredible this is! This is nothing short of miraculous!

Hearing Adam give thanks and praise to God even with all that he endures each and every day and watching his struggles... makes me think that I should follow in his example... praising Him, giving thanks and keeping that as my focus not what still needs to take place. Daniel shows us this example through his prayer life. He set time aside each and every day just to give God thanks... Daniel 6:10 says "He got down on his knees three times a day and prayed and gave thanks before his God". Daniel 9:4 I prayed to the Lord my God and confessed: "O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with all who love him and obey his commands.

I love that I can see and hear the intimate relationship my man has with His Savior, it humbles me and challenges me to consistently give thanks and to keep my eyes fixed on God who can see this whole journey from beginning to end.  Hearing my man pray and talk to God with complete dependence and thankfulness makes me fully aware that God is still preparing His mighty warrior for some great and mighty plans.  Seeing this, hearing this, and watching this is one of the greatest gifts I have been given in this life.

3 comments:

Emily Jordan said...

I couldn't agree more!! What a wonderful example Adam is to us all! Thanking God for Adam's thankfulness and walk with the Lord and what it teaches us all who follow your story on this blog. Thanks for sharing.
Emily Jordan

Anonymous said...

I was able to share at the women's group yesterday at church how Adam is able to express his heart through prayer. It is truly a God thing!

Love you ALL!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Amy!! I too, am grateful for all Father has done for you and Adam, and Mackenzie. He is so good. I love you, Marion