Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Devine Appointments and Being Ready

Has this ever happened to you?  You're going about your day and either something totally unexpected happened or you find yourself talking with a total stranger about what God has done for you and what a privilege it is to serve Him?    Or sometimes it's being in the "right place at the right time"... I don't believe in such a thing, I call these moments Divine appointments.

I find for myself, when I ready myself and my heart to serve God with all my heart, mind, and strength an exercise I try to practice in the morning, I find that the Lord often places Divine appointments in my day.  These are never interruptions (which they often can be mistaken for), but these are God ordained, Divine appointments. 

Today I found myself facing a Divine appointment, I was sitting in the dining room with Debbie and 2 high school, young, girls rang the door bell.  Mind you, it's middle of the school day and no there was no half day.  When I answered the door, all I noticed was the sheer look of terror in these girls faces.  They asked right away, looking over their shoulder if they could come in.  Instantly I thought, okay Lord, what's going on?  The girls proceeded to tell me that they ran from the highway near my home, cut through the back field/swamp running from a strange man who was following them in his truck.  Mind you... there is only one way in and out of the development and these girls did not come through it.  Neither is my house closest to where they were, so I found it no accident that the Lord delivered them into our home.  A refuge the Lord has given us. 

These girls were so shaken and troubled I asked if I could pray for them... they seemed less than thrilled, but agreed that I could.  I don't know how the Lord is going to use this situation in their lives, but in mine, it was a gentle reminder that we are always in His hands.  We just need to trust Him to guide our steps.  It served as another reminder, of the importance to allow God to ready us for our days, to allow Him to equip us for what He has planned.  1 Corinthians 2:9 But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him.

The Lord is so faithful, He truly does care for everyone of our needs and is our Jehovah Jirah.  God has used the community of Raleigh to meet some specific needs we have had and I am truly amazed to see how God has used complete strangers and those close to us to meet every need we have had.  Mackenzie had a very specific need that we have been praying for and trusting that God would be faithful in providing... and He did!  He used someone in the community who we have never met to meet this need!  Praise the Lord for His faithfulness!  This really reflected that so many of you are in the practice of allowing God to ready you and your hearts for how He wants and does use you.  Thanks for showing this example to me.  And thank you to all of you who have responded in faith to the promptings of your heart and have reached out to us.  He is so faithful and He has used His people to show me that!  Thank you!  Amazing love, how can it be?!!!

Isaiah 64:4  Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my friend, "Divine Appointments" are a true gift from Father. I trust the girls will recognize Father's leading them to your house. Thank you for reminding me that we need to be ready. I love you and leave you in Father's hands. Marion

Emily Jordan said...

I believe God has many, many divine appointments in store for both you and Adam! It will be amazing to see what God will do!
Emily Jordan