Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012!!!! The Perfect Number!

Please bare with me while we are without internet, blogging will be when I can grab a few minutes and my laptop and head out.  Hopefully we'll be up and running with more consistant blogging by next week.

I know I mentioned that I was ecited for the new year, but I am really excited about 2012.  When studying the biblical significance of the number 12, here's what I found...

•12 tribes of Israel [Genesis 49:28].
•12 pillars were erected at Mt. Sinai [Exodus 24:4].
•12 statues of oxen held up the water basin in Solomon’s Temple [1 Kings 7:25].
•12 men were selected by God to conduct the census [Numbers 1:2-16].
•12 princes of Israel brought gifts to the Sanctuary on 12 days [Numbers 7:10-83].
•12 spies sent to reconnoiter Canaan [Numbers 13:1-15].
•12 months of a year.
•Jesus is 12 when He questions the scholars in the Temple [Luke 2:41].
•12 legions of angles [Matthew 26:53].
•12 Apostles [Matthew 10:2-4; Mark 3:13-19; Luke 6:13].
•144,000 servants of God (12 times 12) [Revelation 7:4].
•12 gates of the New Jerusalem [Revelation 21:12].
•12 foundations of the Heavenly Jerusalem [Revelation 7:4; 21:16, 17].
•The Trees of Life in the new creation will bear 12 kinds of fruits [Revelation 22:2].

Biblically speaking 12 is considered to be the "perfect number", so you can see my excitment for what is to come in the year 2012!  I am so thankful that God is in control and I am thankful that He consistantly reminds me daily that He is enough for me, His grace is sufficent, and His strength is made perfect in my weakness.   I am standing in anticipation for what God is going to do in the months to come!

Adam is feeling so much better the last few days, he has shown more facial expressions and has laughed so much.  I love watching God heal Adam before my eyes! God is healing Adam through your prayers, thank you for praying for my man and our family.  Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to write us and send your letters of encouragement and support.  The Lord is using so many of you to provide for our family, I am so deeply humbled and there are no words for the gratitude my heart feels.  The Lord will repay what I cannot, only heaven knows my heart.  Thank you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You so much for the #12's story. I love it. I love numbers. My favorite is #5. I used to have a paper that showed the biblical meaning to almost 100 numbers. I am so glad Father gave you excitement for the number 12...especially after Christmas. Though it did occur to me, that may have shaken loose certain healing that might have been longer in coming. (not a very medical way of looking at it :) I continue to trust Father for you and your sweet faily, Marion

Anonymous said...

Amy, Adam, and Mackenzie.... we are so excited that you are in your new home but we REALLY MISS YOU GUYS so much over here at the Lewis house!! We fell in love with you all as we prayed daily and read your blog for months and months..... but having you in our home for those short weeks this fall only intensified that love. You truly cause others to "Praise Your Father in Heaven." Your love and trust in GOd's goodness is so contagious!
A few of my most dear memories of Fall 2011 are :
1. hearing Adam's beautiful prayers and his great smile!
2. seeing Amy "glow" as she shared with the WRAL interviewer about her terrific man and mighty warrior
3. Mackenzie playing the piano and singing those beautiful songs she composes!
Can't wait to see the amazing miracles GOd has prepared for you 3 in 2012 !
Happy New Year Root family
Love, The Lewis family

Anonymous said...

Amy ~

Happy, Blessed 2012 to you, Adam and Mackenzie! I was able to meet your sweet Mom at church on Christmas Eve here in Snohomish ... it was so nice to talk with her for a few moments. Prayers will continue for you all in this shiny, new year. Hope to meet you one of these days, too :)

Love to you all ~ Sheri

Margaret said...

I am so glad to hear that he is getting better! It amazes me everything that God can do if people just believe and pray.