Friday, December 9, 2011

What A Privilege

I get to praise God through whatever comes, what a privilege... and NOTHING can take the praise out of my mouth.  I am praising the Lord for delivering me through a VERY challenging and difficult 24 hours.  This journey is multifaceted and there are so many layers... handling what goes on behind the scenes of Adam's recovery is often just as difficult as walking with him through each day of recovery.

The amazing blessing, is the incredible man I married!  He is so smart and is an amazing man of God, taking his responsibility very serious.  He has always been an incredible provider for our family and took this role very serious.  When we made the move to North Carolina from Seattle, WA 3 and half years ago, Adam proposed the idea of me staying at home.  He was so funny about it, he said he wanted to call me a stay at home wife, not just a stay at home mom because he loved the peace that this role provided in our home and he said that when our children were all grown and out of the house he wanted me to be a stay at home wife.

When Adam said that to me I felt like that was the highest compliment my man could have paid me.  It was not an easy decision to make, I loved my job and worked very hard to have obtained the success I did in my career.  Having Adam value my role and need to be a wife and a mom was the greatest gift he has ever given me.  The fall before Adam's injury I was in a Bible study and as part of the homework we had to write our 3 greatest fears.  The number one fear I listed was something happening to Adam that would take away our security.  The point of this exercise was every to remember "if this (meaning your  fear), then GOD".  So throughout this journey I often say out loud  "the GOD".  Because not only have I had to come face to face with my greatest fear, but I have also had the challenging work to rely on God, knowing that HE is in control and is carrying us in the palm of His hands.

Now back to explaining the challenges... Because Adam is such a great provider he signed up for the best long term disability package that was available to him.  He wanted to ensure that no matter what happens that he was still able to provide for our family.  Unfortunately, this has not been the case... oh, Adam has held up his end... but because we didn't have a living will in place or power of attorney over each other and because Adam was proven by the state of North Carolina to be incompetent of making decisions a guardian had to be appointed.  So I became Adam's legal guardian shortly after his accident.  So now the state wants to make sure Adam is protected, and because his disability is in his name and everything was in his name before... his funds can only go towards his needs and not to provide for Mackenzie or myself.  And so we have been in the process of trying to purchase a home for us to finally call home after being homeless for the last 19 months, I had to go forward with Adam's account... this didn't look like the state of North Carolina was going to make it possible... but after MUCH prayer and many of you all praying for us over the last 24 hours, we were able to close this afternoon!  And we get to move into our home tomorrow!  Praising the Lord for His blessings.

Getting this all approved was nothing short of a miracle and several of the business professionals we had to work with told me that they didn't think it was going to be possible and today when it all came together they were shocked and said they couldn't believe it all went through today.  I was able to point the glory to God and share the testimony of the power of prayer.  I know everything was approved and went through ONLY by the power of prayer and God's mighty and capable hands.  I also believe God continues to allow obstacles in our journey to grow me in my trust and faith of truly the miraclulous God we serve.  It is a privilege to be used as His vessels, it is a privilege to walk through trying circumstances and trials because through these difficult times He is always proving that He never leaves us, that He is faithful to His promises.  I realize I have a choice every day, I can either choose to be a victim of my circumstances or I can choose to trust in the Lord with all my heart, believing in His promises that He has plans for us for a future and of hope, that He will work all things together for His good because we love Him.

I get to praise God through whatever comes, what a privilege... and NOTHING can take the praise out of my mouth.

Jeremiah 9:23-24  Thus says the Lord: "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord."






5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am soo excited I have been praying for your housing situation and not really knowing why or how to pray - our God is so big! Praise the Lord and WELCOME HOME =)- Rachel

Emily Jordan said...

Wow...that is awesome. I look forward to the follow up interview on WRAL!
Emily Jordan

Anonymous said...

It would be nice to be aboe to see the follow up on WRAL. I am sure it will give much glory to Father. I love my home. Compared to some, it may be very simple, BUT it is a haven. I praise Father for your new place I will trust Father for your needs and that Father looses the money you need for you and Mackenzie. I love you, Marion

Amber, Durham, NC said...

I'm excited for you! I just saw the wral story. I'm glad things are working out well. :)

Jody said...

So happy for you guys! God is so good and so faithful. Congrats on your new home!