Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Answered Prayers

Thank you all for praying for my man!  He's doing so much better!!!  No seizures since Sunday and he's been responding so much better.  Thank you so much for praying for Adam, God is answering your prayers.

I am praying that these last seizures will show another great break through as they did last winter.  For those who are recovering from a brain injury, seizures are not always a bad thing... they can sometimes show that the brain is trying to make a new connection and it just misfired.  I am praying that we will see many new connections.

The upcoming weeks are going to be VERY busy for us and today was really the last day I had some spare time in my schedule.  So after seeing Adam get ready for his day and having breakfast with him, I drove to the Outer Banks to spend a few hours taking a walk and sitting with God on the amazing beach of North Carolina.  For some reason when I feel like I just need to think, process, meditate on God's word, and want to seek God in a tangible way, I head to the beach.  The word of God says, if we seek Him with all our heart we will find Him.  I know for me this is so true, and today I was desperate for Him... and He is ALWAYS faithful in responding.  I was able to collapse in the arms of my first love today... my Savior. 

The sky was incredible... 75 degrees and beautiful... yes, this is why we live in NC

2 Chronicles 15:15  They sought God eagerly, and he was found by them. So the LORD gave them rest on every side.

I made it back to spend the evening with Adam and get him tucked into bed.  I was so thankful for my day and for the time I was able to spend with Jesus, alone in my thoughts.  One thing I know and I cling to, God's promises are real and He is faithful to bring His promises to fruition.  I know in my heart and trust that God is doing a work in our family and it has only just begun.  I am praying for the faith I need to keep trusting and holding on, even when the journey gets bumpy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The beach looks like a piece of pardise! Glad you had the time to enjoy and meditate. Happy too that you took time for YOU! Eleven more sleeps and we'll be together! Remember...no 75* here in Seattle, but God does do miracles! :)

Love you lots,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Amy, Father has given us a cool link. I too, love the water. My favorite place to go is the ocean. I love seeing His majesty. It is great to realize that all the waters of the Earth are as a drop of water in His hands. I always come away knowing if Father is SOOOOO big, He certainly can handle what is before me. I love you and continue to trust Father for you. Hugs, Marion

Carlee said...

I like the beach too, the waves are a constant crashing reminder that all your worries, pain, and plain ol' crud can be washed away for a fresh start. His Mercies are new every morning. The sound is peaceful, only God could have created that sound. I think you picked a perfect place to regroup! If God can manage the storms of the ocean he can certainly manage the storms in Adam's brain. Sounded weird as I wrote that but I hope that makes sense. Love you!

Anonymous said...

This is for Carlee, What you said about Father managing the storms in Adam's brain makes PERFECT sense. You word things well. Marion