Saturday, November 12, 2011

Trusting When It Doesn't Make Sense

I am so sorry I didn't write last night, but these last few days have felt like I am living in a nightmare having to be faced with such a difficult decision.  When making decisions before in Adam's care it has always been decisions I knew were going to be coming, ones that I had time to process, they usually resulted in Adam moving to the next level of healing... but this just doesn't seem on the same level of decisions we have made in the past.  And it's not. 

After spending hours on my knees in prayer, and a sleepless night spent in the arms of my sweet Jesus, I didn't feel traveling out of state would be good for our family at all since we just returned and have settled nicely being back in our North Carolina family and friends.  Continuity and consistency in Adam's therapists is vital right now as Adam has been progressing very quickly these last few weeks.  It's with a broken heart that I let all of you know that Adam will become a resident at Learning Services this week.  We don't know how long he will be there, but I am praying and ask all of you to join me in praying that the licensing will come through sooner than later and he will be able to return home with Mackenzie and I.

At first it was really hard for me to not see this as a step backwards, then I was reminded that with God in control there are no steps backwards.  Every step is a step toward His greater purpose.  This is all part of His plan and I am holding on with white knuckles to His promises that He will work this together for His good.  John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Tonight I am taking hold of God's peace and trusting Him with every fiber of my being... praying that He will give me the faith and trust I need to make it through this difficult season of our journey.  There's nothing about this that seems to make sense, other than the simple truth that God is in control... and He sees the whole picture... so tonight I submit to Him and to His plans for our family.  I am completely dependent on Him and that is where I want to stay.  He has been, will continue to be, and is SO FAITHFUL.

Tomorrow I will be sharing our weekend in photos and an updated prayer request list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my sweet Amy, my heart cries with you. I don't know what Father is doing, I DO KNOW HE HAS WONDEROUS THINGS IN STORE. I believe you will have riches untold, full of grace and glory. Father has a very special reason for having Adam in a different place for now. I am trusting you will quickly see the reason, and even rejoice in what has happened. I love you very much, Father LOVES YOU MORE, Marion

Unknown said...

As much as I love you and your family I know Jesus love you all even more! I know God has a perfect plan in this next leg of your journey. Praying for your continued peace in joy in the days to come. Love and prayers Rachel

Emily Jordan said...

Praying so much for you. What a tough decision you have had. Just remember...it is only a temporary situation and you know the Lord will get you all through it.
Blessings,
Emily Jordan
Sanford, NC

Anonymous said...

Amy, You are holding onto the one who has and never will fail you and Adam and Mackenzie. And I believe He's delighted in your praises and your tears. He's taught you how to love and Praise GOd you are chosing to rest in His perfect love and His arms at this difficult time. I think there's some AMAZING new break throughs for Adam right around the corner. I'm excited to see what GOd has in store next. But we grieve with you that Adam has to spend 4 nights a week away from his soul mate!! Praying God will give you all the grace and peace you need for this season of your journey and that the paper work will get done quickly to get Adam back with you each night !!!! Love, Jan and Wayne

Blog Archive