Friday, November 4, 2011

Take God At His Word

Thank you all for your prayers, the body of Christ is a powerful and wonderful tool used by God!  Adam and I have both been saved by the saving power of Jesus Christ's blood that was spilled on the cross for us and He is so worthy to be praised.  To Him be ALL the glory for that He has done, all that He is doing this moment and all that is still yet to come.

The Word of God says in 2 Corinthians 1 that He is our comfort, in Philippians 4 it says... And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  John 14:27  says Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  Colossians 3:15 calls us to Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts.  Philippians 4:19 says And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

God is so faithful to all those promises and over the last 18 months we have seen this to be true.  He is so faithful and what He promises, He delivers to all who believe in Him.  If you do not know that you have a Savior, a Savior who wants to rescue you from your broken heart, from lifestyles that you may feel trapped in... He is ready with open arms to receive you, He loves you so much that He wants to spend eternity wtih you and fights for you every day to see that it will come to pass.  We all need to be saved from our sin and God's son Jesus paid the price for our sin on the cross so that we could be rescued from a debt that was ours to pay.  If you haven't received Christ, but want to, you want to experience His promises for yourself , then ask Jesus to forgive you and all Him to fill you with His presence.  He loves you so much, and He wants to lavish you with His love... please let Him.

God is so good, He is so good.  I love Jesus my sweet Savior.  All I need is Him. 

I am and will continue to praise God that He delivered Adam to us safely this evening.  As I was looking for him this evening, I had to remind myself that I prayed for this.  I didn't pray that he would wonder off and get lost, but I prayed for initiation and endurance.  I prayed that God would use Adam and I today as His vessels to tell of His great and mighty power.   I prayed and will continue to pray that the name of Jesus will be glorified through Adam's journey.

We took Adam to UNC tonight to have him checked out and examined by doctors.  Praise the Lord, other than a few scrapes and bruises, and some exhaustion, he seems fine!!!

It's also heavy on my heart to let you all know that Adam's facility is an amazing facility.  We are so blessed by the care he has received there and what happened this afternoon was not the normal for the care that he usually receives.  Accidents happen, mistakes get made, and forgiveness needs to take place.  I deeply love each of Adam's therapists, I am grateful for the staff who were out looking for my man... and I ask you all to pray for them too.  This was very hard on them too, we all experienced trauma, not just our family, but the staff as well.    Please join me in praying for the staff and for the facility as well.

I wanted to share the video that aired tonight from a local news station...  I am thankful to the reporter Adam Owens who did an amazing job at delivering the whole story and that prayer does make a difference.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our family was praying for Adam. Praise the lord he is safe. Perhaps God had a bigger reason for this to happen. More prayer warriors! Is there an address we can send letters too? Also, is there a local bank account set up in Adam's name for donations? A special needs request list? Thank you for sharing your story and faith with all of us looking for Adam.

Wanda said...

Amy, I am so thankful that Adam was found quickly and with only bruises and scratches. I felt helpless not to be there to help but knew I could do my part by praying and my prayers were answered!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Oregon family had prayer going big time too!

We love you,

Aunt Gretchen

Carlee said...

Just amazing! I'm in awe of God's work. So glad he is safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

So glad he was found safe and sound! Praying for your family!

Amber from Durham said...

God definitely answers prayer. Many people have now seen that through this story. I am so happy to have found your blog. Thank you for sharing through it. Your family is truly an inspiration.

Todd Wells said...

We just finished watching the 3 videos on WRAL.com, and we are so encouraged by your faithfulness to Adam and to the Lord. Thank you for being bold in giving Him all the glory. He is our Rock, and it is so evident that he is your Joy as well.

Amy D said...

Hello Amy and Adam - I saw your story on wral and wish your family every joy. You are an amazing example of courage and faith. God Bless you all.

Heidi said...

Amy, you are a strong woman and I will pray for your family. I heard the interview with you on the news and I am glad that Adam was found quickly he wandered away.

I know this must take a toll on you and your daughter and I hope that you sometimes have a break or some time to do other things. Many hugs to your family. You are special.

Anonymous said...

I don't have much faith in the media BUT this has restored it to a degree. Father is so wonderful to have used your and Adam's life as a witness to so many. You will find out in Heaven just who was touched. Then There will truly be a rejoicing. I love you, Marion

Blog Archive