We have had a wonderful weekend even inspite of our heavy hearts. We had such a wonderful weekend visiting and hanging out with friends.
Friday we grilled out and had a campfire with the John and Debbie and Glen and Karen.
John and Adam grilling chicken for teriyaki chicken burgers... mmmm!
Hanging around the campfire
Adam and I right after we roasted marshmallows for smores!
Saturday we had a lazy day hanging around the house and just relaxing, we even were blessed to to enjoy a Lewis family get together
Jan was showing Adam how to plant flowers for the winter
Adam planting pansies for the winter
After dinner we gathered around the piano and as Jan played the piano we sang Christmas carols. Adam even joined in singing almost every song with us and even laughing along the way, he seemed to really enjoy it!
After carols we had a group therapy session for Adam as we played tennis on the Wii with him. William and Adam made a pretty good team!
Today we spent the day with Scott and Stacy, we went to church, walked around a mall for therapy and just happened to stop in the Lego store.
We decided to get a small box and see if Adam would be able to follow the directions and assemble it himself... he was quite successful! I am so proud of my man and how hard he works!
There are more pictures below, but I wanted to share a few prayer requests first. I just want to say thank you to all of you who are silently walking our journey with us through your prayers. It is amazing how many people we get to share this journey with, I just feel so blessed. Thank for not giving up on us and continuing to pray for my man's FULL recovery.
- Please always remember to pray for Adam's FULL restoration
- Please pray that as Adam transitions this week, he will not be discouraged but instead be propelled to keep moving forward
- Pray for Adam to have clarity and that the confusion he has been experiencing will diminish
- Please pray for Mackenzie as we will be adjusting to life back in a facility
- Pray that Learning Services will receive their proper licenses quickly so that we will be able to bring Adam back home sooner than later.
- Please pray for our broken hearts that we are unable to be together the way we want to be, pray that we will be obedient to the Holy Spirit's guiding.
- Please pray for staff that will be taking care of my man. Pray that God will give them the strength and ability to do their job well.
- Please pray for Adam's therapists as they return to working with Adam, that they would have wisdom on what direction to take Adam next in therapy.
- Pray for us to be a light to those around us, pray that Christ's love will shine through us.
- Please continue to pray for healing to the damage caused to my nerves from my back injury. The sciatica I experience is sometimes unbearable.
Prayer continues to be our greatest need, thank you for providing our greatest need. The Lord is faithful and we know He has brought so much healing through the power of prayer already. I believe healing is taking place this very minute as Adam is sleeping beside me, and I am so excited to see the healing that will come as a result from all our prayers. Please join together and pray for my man's healing and restoration. Matthew 18:19-20 says “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
Here are a few pictures from our week that I wanted to share...
This is how we spent homework time just about every day last week. We sat around Debbie's driveway after school as the kids worked on homework... have I mentioned how much I love living in North Carolina!
I mentioned in an earlier blog this week that we attended an art show at Mackenzie's school where she had a piece of work in the exhibit... here is her wonderful art photo
Adding Dr. Kavanaugh to Adam's team is going to be awesome! We are so blessed that Adam is under such good care! It will be worth the drive to Seven Lakes, NC to see Dr.K.
Seven Lakes is near Pinehurst and so we stopped in on Scott's family to say hello. We hadn't seen them since we went to the beach with them last year. It was so wonderful having an afternoon with them.
Swinging helps to establish balance and strengthen the core, since we had extra man power and 2 physical therapists we gave it a whirl (both Scott's sister and brother in law are PT's)
Daniel was so sweet with Adam, first he showed Adam all his special toys then as he asked questions about Adam and learned more, he wanted to give Adam his special things and help Adam get better... so sweet. He is so tender hearted.
Katie (left bottom) brought Adam the grass hopper he is holding, isn't that cute.
While I was with Mackenzie one day Jan had Adam playing the piano and the Dulcimer... he was doing awesome! It's amazing how quickly he picks things up.
I just wanted to take a second and thank Triangle Dairy Queen http://www.triangledq.com/ for their letter of encouragement and for the treats we get to share! Thank you!