Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Heart Is Thankful For The Blessings That Come In This Moment

Where does all the time go?  I can't believe I haven't posted since Monday, it's sign we've been enjoying life the last few days.  We were able to bring Adam home on Wednesday and he doesn't have to be checked back in until Monday!!!  So we have been soaking it up, hanging out with family mostly.  Christina and her family came down from Virginia and so we spent most of the week and weekend at Bob & Connie's enjoying family time!  I love that God provides us with all we need, even though both my family and Adam's family is on the west coast, God has provided us an amazing North Carolina family, and I was and continue to give thanks for His provisions.

I have to share my devotion from yesterday because it was so good and it's one that I want to consistently be reminded of... This is from Jesus Calling "Thank me frequently as you journey through today.  This practice makes it possible to pray without ceasing, as the apostle Paul taught.  If you are serious about learning to pray continually, the best approach is to thank Me in every situation.  These thankful prayers provide a solid foundation on which you can build all other prayers.  Moreover a grateful heart makes it easier for you to communicate with Me.  When your mind is occupied with thanking Me, you have no time for worrying or complaining.  If you practice thankfulness consistently, negative thought patterns will grow weaker and weaker.  Draw near to me with a grateful heart, and My presence will fill you with joy and peace."  (It gives the Bible verses 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, James 4:8, Romans 15:13)\

Isn't this amazing, my heart has been heavy lately with so much to think about, and today instead of letting all my concerns burden me I began to give thanks for all that God has provided and all He continues to bless us with each moment we get to share together as a family.  I have so much to be thankful for and heart is overflowing now as I focus on this moment and what the Lord has provided and blessed me with in this moment.  He is so faithful and so good and I am thankful for His mercy.  I am thankful for the forgiveness He has bestowed upon me for the worry frenzy I got myself into this last week.  The Lord has blessed me today and that is where I need to keep my focus, not on what's to come and all the uncertainty that the future holds... it's not for me to worry about and I have wasted enough energy on worrying about what is completely out of my control.  Praise the Lord He is in control!

Adjusting to life in a facility has not been easy for any of us, but we will continue to make the best of it why we have to.  Adam is continuing to make gains daily and for the last couple of weeks now has known and recognized that we are married and I am his wife!!!  He's even started calling me Amy again, I have to be honest, while I am so grateful he knows my name, I loved when he would call me "his pretty little lady".  He's walking long distances now, we have been able to go up to a little over a mile!!!  He still needs prayers about bringing down his right heal so that he can learn to walk heal to toe instead of on his tip toes.  This is also such a fun time of the year since all the Christmas music is playing now, I have been able to hear Adam sing regularly, he has such a good voice.   Please continue to pray for Adam's memory and for his cognition to expand.  Continue to pray for his muscle tone that he fights daily especially on the right side of his body.  Please continue to pray for his strength to persevere through this journey... actually please pray this for all three of us.  Thank you for your prayers for Mackenzie, this was a much better week!!!  I love seeing and watching the Lord answer prayers... He is so good and so faithful.

I know on my last post I said I was going to try to upload pictures, but tonight I just needed to post what was on my heart and now I have to get my family into bed.  Pictures of the last week will be coming soon. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Amy. I am thankful for any time you can put to posting. My daughter who has a blog, once said I am too busy living life to write about it. SOOO!! You too, continue to live life, and DON'T worry about blogging about it. Father will give you the time to write what He wants us to know. Yes, I continue to trust Father for all three of you. Hugs, Marion

Anonymous said...

Missing you so much! My thanks to Bob and Connie that you were able to have family time in NC! Look forward to seeing you all very soon.

Love, Mom/Karen/Grandma

Blog Archive