Saturday, November 5, 2011

Joining God's Search and Rescue Team

I am so touched by the comments that so many of you have taken the time to write.  We feel so touched and blessed to be able to share our journey with all of you.  May God continue to be glorified every step of the way.  We are where we are today because of God's grace and mercy.

Yesterday after processing so much of what happened Thursday and just taking the time to praise the Lord for returning my man safely into my arms, I felt the Lord press upon my heart and whisper...  as a follower of Jesus you have a responsibility to join My search and rescue team.  God is pursuing lost souls everyday and how many times have I missed the mark to share of God's love, of His grace... of His mercy.  I am so thankful that God relentlessly pursued me, that He sent a search and rescue team for me (the Lord knew it would take a team).  I am thankful that He truly loves me with an everlasting, never ending love (Jeremiah 31:1-3).

I know now on such a personal level the importance of a search and rescue team.  And knowing how much I love my man and wanted him to be found... God feels that way  all the time about each one of us.  I challenge each one of you that knows you are a follower of Jesus Christ to join me in God's search and rescue team, let's show the lost God's love through us.  Romans 10:9&10 Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Again, I just want to thank all those who were there on Thursday to help aide us in the search for my man.  Thank you also to those who were in prayer for us and for those who continue to pray for my man's FULL restoration.  All in His timing. 

I was so touched when I was told that WRAL had posted a 20 minute video of our interview.  Again, both the reporters, Adam Owens and Renee Chou for their kindness and all that they have done for our family.  The video below is 20 minutes long, but wanted to share it with all of you.

10 comments:

Vicky Scott said...

Great interview. Great couple. Our God is faithful.
You were a great representative for those of us caregiving for our TBI spouses or children, whose fortress is their God. So thankful that Adam was found and has come so far.

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Two of my sons, ages 17 and 15 watched the entire video. They were in silent awe about your story. Praise the Lord for all that He has given you and Adam and the opportunities He is now giving you to share the Good News even in this difficult trial. You are an incredible wife, mama and woman.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, truly inspiring.

Anonymous said...

oh my dear amy i'm so touched and humbled.i've been reading your blog and praying for you guys since june last year and now this interview, just seeing you guys melt my heart. i'm so proud of adam and you and how you put God's word highter then what the docs had to say. it's so tough to do so when everybody rolls their eyes thinking you're not ready to cope with reality. i respect you so much that you trusted God, that you
chose to go this journey with adam and didn't let the pain wash you away from his side when he needed you the most. you are a very strong woman, strong in God and with a heart full of love, honest love for God and your husband.i love you guys and i know God loves you both like crazy. he will never let you(you/adam/mackenzie) down, he will guide you and he will help you with every little detail, he will comfort you in dark hours, he will light up your hearts, he will let you see his mercy and beauty, he will continue to heal and he will give you back doubled and tribled what the devil had tried to steal from your family. my heart is aching for you guys, i want to give you all a hug. give adam a hug from me and tell him that he makes me smile with how well he is doing. i keep praying for you guys, i can't stop doing this haha, you're family :)

love you,
anita

Emily Jordan said...

Hi Amy--
All I can say is WOW!!! I watched your whole interview and then again when I showed it to the rest of my family. We were all in awe of what God is doing in your lives and how you are going to touch the lost world for HIS glory. He has very special plans in the future for your testimony. I wondered if there is a way to get a copy of your interview through WRAL to share with others who may not get to see it online. I would like to find out.

Unknown said...

My dear friend!
I am sure you are so blessed with how the Lord is using Adam and your story! I will continue to pray for those divine appointments to share=) Love you Rachel

Karie Garner said...

Amazing testimony on WRAL! I'm so glad they showed it and I pray it touched all who watched it. Claire watched it twice! God is using you and Adam in a might way and you are such a humble vessel that He is using! I'm so thankful Adam was found. Claire and I prayed together the minute I found out and a friend who called me soon after prayed with her family as well after we hung up. Praise God for His work in Adam's life!

Doug Mortensen said...

Amy, great interview. God is using your family in an amazing way. This past week has been no accident. Keep the faith!

Anonymous said...

What a JOY to hear your voices in the interview. Thank you for sharing. Too, I think you are wise to have a P.O. Box. I am glad to know it, thank you. I love you and continue to trust Father for each of you, Marion

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face after watching this touching, loving video. I literally laid my hands on the screen and asked Jesus to heal Adam completely and for Him to bless you, Amy, and Mackenzie for all you are to Adam. Your story is a miracle and God is still writing it. Keep pressing forward, dear one ...

Sending you love ~
Sheri Halberg (Snohomish, WA.)

Blog Archive