Monday, November 7, 2011

Healing Power of Forgiveness

We had our family meeting today at Learning Services where Adam receives therapy.  Before I go any further I just want to say there is healing that takes place as we forgive.  We have all needed forgiveness, we have made mistakes and I know that as I journey through life when I can extend the grace given to me and forgive as the Lord has forgiven me, it has set me free.  Psalm 103:1-5  Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.  Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion who satisfies your desires with good things.

As I have mentioned in an earlier post, Adam's disappearance on Thursday was just as traumatic for the staff who are his caregivers as it was for us as his family.  We all work together (caregivers, therapists, and our family) daily as a  big family to aide Adam in his recovery.  It truly takes a community to recover from a brain injury and they play a large roll in Adam's recovery process.  Learning Services needs the community support to forgive them for what has happened as we Adam's family has forgiven them.

My North Carolina parents Bob and Connie came with me today as we had our family meeting at Learning Services.  We listened as they gave us their heartfelt apologies.... we also listened to what plans are going into place and how this incident will help them to improve the way the do their jobs as well as the facility to ensure that this doesn't happen again.  I feel very comfortable with the plan in place and the days ahead will prove that they really did learn from this. Adam's care has not been neglected before and his best interests has always been catered to, this truly was an accident and could have happened at home right out our front door.  Please join me in offering forgiveness for this accident. Adam will resume therapy later this week.

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.  Sometimes forgiveness is very difficult and can seem impossible to extend, but Christ living inside of us strengthens us to forgive beyond what we are humanly capable of doing on our own.  I pray that each of you will seek forgiveness where is necessary and to forgive where is necessary... you will be set free from bitterness and will begin to live a life of joy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, my friend, I soooo hear what you say about forgiveness. May you have a special touch of Father's grace this day, Marion

Blog Archive