Sunday, October 2, 2011

Preparing My Heart

I love Sundays.  I love being in the God's house surrounded by His people.  I was recently talking with a friend of mine and I was asking her about  her quiet time. Having known her for awhile and after having several conversations over the last couple of years I felt comfortable asking where she was with God.  She went on to tell me what she was studying in God's word and how for the first time she has been in the Word consistently.  She then explained "I give myself Sundays off since I'm in church"  I must of gasped out loud when she said this because she said "what's wrong?"  I apologized and I went on to explain that for me, every day is extremely important for my quiet time, but Sundays especially.  Personally, for me I want to prepare myself for entering into God's House, I want to prepare to enter into His courts with praise, I want to prepare myself for entering the presence of a King.  Not just any King, but the King of kings.  I try to prepare myself daily, but Sundays when I go to church to hear God's word spoken, I want my heart to be prepared if God is going to etch something into it.  I don't go to church to receive something, but to give myself freely... the best way I know how to offer myself to God as a living sacrifice is if I am prepared for Him. 

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

C.S. Lewis writes "I think we delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely expresses but completes the enjoyment; it is its appointed consummation. If it were possible for a created soul fully to 'appreciate,' that is, to love and delight in, the worthiest object of all, and simultaneously at every moment to give this delight perfect expression, then that soul would be in supreme blessedness. To praise God fully we must suppose ourselves to be in perfect love with God, drowned in, dissolved by that delight which, far from remaining pent up within ourselves as incommunicable bliss, flows out from us incessantly again in effortless and perfect expression. Our joy is no more separable from the praise in which it liberates and utters itself than the brightness a mirror receives is separable from the brightness it sheds."

I loved C.S. Lewis' words about worship.  I love what he writes "to praise God fully we must suppose ourselves to be in perfect love with God"  I want to continue to fall more in love, deeper in love with my Savior each and every day.  I want to praise Him all the days of my life.

1 Corinthians 14:15 So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind.

We have had a full and wonderfully fun weekend, thought I would share our weekend with you in pictures.  We spent some time with the LaPiana's.  Bev took Mackenzie and Bayden on a ten mile bike ride.  We had the amazing blessing and awesome privilege to have a bonfire with our small group.  And we wrapped our weekend up having dinner at John and Debbie's! 


Our weekend in view...


Adam's first trip to Krispy Kreme since we've been home.  The LaPiana's and us at Krispy Kreme, Raleigh, NC
Piece of trivia:  Krsipy Kreme originated from Winston-Salem, NC

Yummy!!!  Adam likes the originals and I love the sprinkles



Our small group got together for a firepit.  On Saturday we went evening we went  to the Strynar's and hung out with small group and Adam's parents rejoined us.
Mark and Adam

 
My man and I... look how amazing he looks!  Glory to God for all that He has done!


Strynar's, Ciancarelli's, Ahlmark's, and Root's  I have to give a shout out to Matt Ciancarelli who just made Lt. Colonel in the Marines!!!  This is such an amazing and huge accomplishment, congratulations Matt.  Thank you Matt and Lisa for your service to our country!

Adam with his parents

Adam and John grilling

John was having Adam flip the chicken

3 comments:

Mary Strynar said...

I love the pictures of Adam grilling.

Anonymous said...

It is interesting you said today, you want to fall deeper in love with Jesus. My bible study group leader called for any prayer requests. Mine was that I would have a Mary heart, that I would desire more and more of My Jesus. You know, it's cool how we can each say, "my Jesus", and it be entirely true. He is amazing in that He can be each of ours alone, yet God of us all. I rejoice with you in how far Father has brought Adam. I continue to trust FAther for each of you. I love you, Marion

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE TO SEE ADAM GRILLING. I LOVE YOU GUYS AND DECLARE BLESSINGS OVER YOU EVERYDAY. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ ABOUT ADAM'S FULL RECOVERY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR BLOG. I CAN'T SAY IT ENOUGH!!! You have changed my life. GOD IS USING YOU IN SUCH A POWERFUL WAY. YOU HAVE NO IDEA. I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART.

Jenn (in Orlando)

Blog Archive