Monday, October 31, 2011

Jesus Loves Me This I Know


Jesus loves me this I know!!! I'm never quite sure what Adam can and can't remember and recall so tonight after climbing into bed, just now, before turning on my laptop, I asked Adam to sing to me Jesus Loves Me. After getting him started, he was able to sing the whole entire song and with fluctuation in his voice... this is huge! I asked if Jesus loves me and Adam said "yes, so much".  I love that my man loves Jesus and I love to see my man love Jesus!

This popular song has been loved among children and adults alike since it was written in 1860. Anna B. Warner wrote the original version and later David Rutherford McGuire added verses two and three. Anna’s sister Susan had asked her to write a song for a Sunday School teacher who wanted to cheer a dying boy. No wonder the lyrics have brought a smile to many children and assurance to adults.  I wanted to enclude the lyrics, because I honestly didn't kwow there were more verses...

JESUS LOVES ME
“Jesus loves me! This I know,

For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.

Refrain:
“Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
“Jesus loves me! This I know,
As He loved so long ago,
Taking children on His knee,
Saying, ‘Let them come to Me.’

Repeat Refrain

“Jesus loves me still today,
Walking with me on my way,
Wanting as a friend to give
Light and love to all who live.

Repeat Refrain

“Jesus loves me! He who died
Heaven’s gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.
Repeat Refrain

“Jesus loves me! He will stay
Close beside me all the way;
Thou hast bled and died for me,
I will henceforth live for Thee.

John 15:9  As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.


We have had an easy going weekend.  We didn't do too much this weekend and for the most part took it real easy just spending time as a family.  Today was a treat... Mackenzie didn't have school so we took Adam to work and spent the day together.  When I asked Mackenzie what she wanted to do today, she said she wasn't sure what she wanted to do for the whole day but asked if we could start our day hanging out at Starbucks... is she my kid or what!  We spent 2 and half hours just talking, reading, and hanging out... it was so nice. 

After picking Adam up from work we headed over to our friends the Ciancarelli's house for dinner and trick or treating.  It was such a good time.   The last couple of years I have made Mackenzie's costumes and this year she made her own costume.  She wanted to be a tree.  Mackenzie's really big into "going green", she is consistently telling me all the ways we can be more environment friendly.

My Kenzie tree


She even built a nest with a bird, just like a real tree

Tonight at dinner all the kids were excited and hyper about going out trick or treating, we put Adam in charge  :)


Matt dressed up to be Sophia's groom since she was dressed as a bride (Sophia is Matt's daughter) 

Adam and Matt

James the knight (isn't he so cute?)  I should ask if Adam can use this costume next year, after all he is my knight in shining armor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must admit...she knows what her mama likes. I am so glad Adam is doing so well, and that you guys are having good family time. I love you, Marion

Blog Archive