Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Jehovah Rapha

We have begun wrapping our visit up with Adam's parents. It's been such a great visit and it's been so fun creating so many wonderful memories OUTSIDE of a hospital!!!! Praise the Lord, being outside of a facility and creating memories with Adam is a miracle in and of itself!!! Amazing, our God is so incredibly amazing!!!


I love Adam's work, this is the first facility he's been in where the therapists have not put any limitations on him, telling me something he'll "never" do again. I am so thankful for all his therapists. They all work so hard and believe in my man as much as I do! Karen and Abby are his physical therapists, Linda is his occupational therapist, MaryJo is his speech therapist, Rob is his recreational therapist and there are 4 or 5 Life Skill Trainers that work with Adam too. Each and every person that works with Adam at work have been an answer to prayer. Please join me in praying over Adam's therapists and for his continued growth in therapy.

I have been asked several times recently about my back and my faithful prayer warriors wanting an update. For those of you who might not know, I under went surgery on my back in April. I injured my back while taking care of Adam. I had a herniated disk that ruptured and severed some nerves in my left leg causing permanent nerve damage. I am praising the Lord that my back is fine and I have very little back pain. However, the nerve damage is very painful and continues to be an extreme source of pain. I have sciatica that is constant and I find if fascinating that the nerve damage has caused my left leg to be completely numb, yet something that is so numb can have so much pain. I have avoided writing about this because this has been a source of discouragement for me. Please don't mistake this either, I have been able to see this injury as a complete blessing in disguise... This injury has given me a tiny glimpse of what Adam goes through on a regular basis, of the pain he feels, and of how hard it is to recover from an injury. And my injury is nothing compared to his and his recovery. Every time I have a bad day, looking at Adam sure does put everything into perspective. I am so thankful for this injury and all that I have and continue to go through, it has given me compassion and empathy for my man when he has needed it.

I love studying the names of the Mighty God we serve, my favorite over the last 17 months has been Jehovah-Rapha, The Lord Heals. BlueLetter Bilbe descibes the meaning like this... Jehovah is translated as "The Existing One" or "Lord." The chief meaning of Jehovah is derived from the Hebrew word Havah meaning "to be" or "to exist." It also suggests "to become" or specifically "to become known" - this denotes a God who reveals Himself unceasingly. Rapha (râpâ') means "to restore", "to heal" or "to make healthful" in Hebrew. When the two words are combined — Jehovah Rapha — it can be translated as "Jehovah Who Heals."

Exodus 15:26 says "He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you."

I have been and will continue to trust in God as my healer and as Adam's. We continue to praise and worship Jehovah Rapha. And because I know the mighty God I serve, He is God of the impossible, I stand and believe that Adam will have a FULL recovery and I too believe the Lord can heal my "permanent" nerve damage. Nothing is too big for God, nothing.

I encourage you all to study the names of God and find one that speaks to you. Research it and and praise God for who He is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy you seldom ask for prayer for your needs. I hope that all those that see your notes regarding your back et. al... will reach up to our/your healer Jesus and offer prayer on your behalf. I have seen first hand what it has taken out of you to go through so much pain and endurance over this time. I know you have such an admiration for what Adam has been through, yet you should not minimize the extent of what you too have endured. I am thankful that Adam must feel so blessed to call you his wife! You have truly been there for him...24/7...all but one day when you had to be at the other hospital in Boston for your own surgery! It speaks so highly of how you honor your wedding vows.
I love you and miss you ALL very much.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

My Sweet Amy, You have a priceless gift in that you are able to see Father's hand in your pain. How wise to use it understand this time in your husband's life. I agree with you, Dr.'s may say permanent nerve damage BUT our God is above them and will overrule their verdict. Notice I said will. I love you dear one, and continue to THANK FATHER FOR YOUR AND ADAM'S healing. Oh, I have been enjoying my Pumpkin Spice Latte's. :) Marion

Blog Archive