Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hallelujah, Joy, and Devine Appointments

A little over a year ago, all I could offer for praise was a broken hallelujah... today I am proclaim that God, you are my hallelujah. 

Rita Springer sings a song "You Are My Hallelujah"

If this valley and these shadows stay
If broken wings can bring you praise
A promise made but never came
Can show me your unfailing grace
Can light the dark and find my way

If ground and grave can steal my heart
Yet when you save a new song starts
And just your name
Can move me near
Can change my hope, cast out my fear
I need... more of your breath here

YOU ARE MY HALLELUJAH

When slience falls
And then remains
When worn and bruised
I still can raise
My voice to make
You famous still
All of these tears upon your feet
Become the wine you taste in me


I have so much to praise Him for.  A few days ago I blogged about how I indulged myself (not proudly) in a day of self pity... towards the end of the day I turned my pity over to the Lord and trusted His plans were and are higher.  I began to give Him thanks for all that He has done, all that He is doing, and all that is yet to come.  With that always brings contentment to my soul, but I learned more to it... today while I was giving God the glory and thanks for the contentment I have, I turned on my praise worship (Rita Springer) in the car rather than one of my books on CD or talk radio... I just began to praise Him with every fiber of my being and I was filled with such indescribable joy.  Joy, genuine joy that began to seep from my pours, uncontainable joy.  It was then that I had an "ah hah" moment.  With a heart of thanksgiving brings contentment no matter the circumstances, but with praise to God, true, genuine praise, brings joy... indescribable joy.

1 Peter 1:8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy

I marvel at how God works... I don't know about you, but when I am filled with so much joy I can't keep it to myself, praise the Lord for devine appointments.  God gave me a devine appointment today where I was able to share of His great and miraculous works, and share the joy of the Lord.  I had went through the drive through at Starbucks for my cup of solace and when I got it my coffee was lukewarm.  Normally I would have just kept going and warmed it in the microwave when I got home, but I was talking with my sister and sharing with her my disappointment in my coffee when I was so looking forward to it, she convinced me to turn around and take it back... I did just that and when I walked into the Starbucks 22 miles away from my home, I run into someone that I know from the brain injury community and I was able to share with him the joy that God has given me and testify of his miracles in our lives... praise the Lord for my cold cup of coffee, amen?!!!

2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.

I just love how the Lord works, He could have and to me had every right to want to smack me up side with this lesson, but He didn't... He delivered by whispering to my heart in a time of praise, through a wonderful song.  Thank you Jesus for your grace.  Thank you Jesus for your joy, for your joy has been, continues to be, and will always be my strength.

I have some exciting news to share regarding Adam... every facility we have been in all have their form of what they call a "family meeting"  these occur regularly so that we can assess goals and be on the same page for the direction we're heading.  Every facility we have been in (until now) has always told me something Adam will never do again, and that I need to grasp the reality of my situation... same old stuff.  What they never get is that my reality can only be determined by God, not by science, not by man.  What they never seem to understand... MY GOD IS BIGGER than Adam's brain injury.  Yesterday however, as I sat through this meeting... everyone was so positive and even excited by Adam's continued daily progress.  Each therapist shared how much they enjoyed working with Adam and each one commented on his endurance and perseverance.  What a gift to see the joy of the Lord even at work in my man!

Your prayers continue to bless our family and touch Adam's healing.  God hears them and is responding.  Even today there was a noticeable difference in Adam... he engaged in conversation, had fluctuation in his tone of voice, and was much more alert... all noticed not just by me, but others that shared in our day.  Praise the Lord for His continued hand of healing upon my man.  I am and will be forever in awe of the mighty God we serve.
This afternoon I was sitting on the couch with my man enjoying the healing that was taking place today, he just looks so good I had to share a picture.  How I love that I can see Jesus in my man.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus for answered prayers.

Anonymous said...

AMEN, Amy and AMEN!! You got it Girl!!! We get that undescribalbe JOY when we THANK and PRAISE Father for and in our unique gifts from Him. There is nothing like it when we understand that principle. Isn't it fun to see that Father even uses cool coffee to get us where He wants us. I will admit, though, like you, i would have just drunk the cup of coffee. A funny, my girls at Starbucks just ask "The Usual", when I come for my Pumpkin Spice Latte. You know, how it tastes does depend on where you get it. I have one place that makes it the best. I love you and rejoice with you in ALL Father is doing for you and your sweet family. Marion

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture of a beautiful couple! I pray for you more than you know; God often puts you on my heart during the week. I'm always joining with you in prayer for Adam's complete recovery! Praise God for His Mighty Hand on Adam and your life together. God bless you and your sweet Mackenzie ...

Lovingly, Sheri Halberg
Snohomish, WA.

Anonymous said...

Are you planning any visit to Portland - perhaps over the holiday?

Please inform of any travel plans.

Thanks!

Ashton

kewiesterrock said...

Appoint setting is an arranged meeting between the two peoples. it can be a so useful to save a time for a big companies or firm they always like to meet every people via the arranged meetings. in this type of meeting we can know early the at what time when we have to go and who will meet us.

appointment setting

Blog Archive