Monday, October 24, 2011

God's Strength At Work

Ephesians 3:16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being

I have witnessed and even experienced that the strength of the Lord is gives to us to endure and persevere life's most difficult challenges.  Adam is living proof of this every day.  His strength and ability is not of his own strength, but clearly that of God's working through him.    Adam perseveres with joy what most of us can't even conceive, he labors harder than I have ever seen anyone.  What he overcomes on a daily basis and with the endurance he possesses is God working through my  husband EVERY day.

2 Corinthians 12:9  But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

In several of the facilities Adam has worked in, he has been complimented on his endurance and perseverance... after hearing it a number of times, I have reflected on this and realized this... based on Adam's injury and all that we have seen in so many others facing similar journeys, it is truly only by the very power of God at work in Adam that allows my man to make it through each and every day, working so hard to gain his own strength back, this is God's gift to me.  By seeing God at work in Adam daily, it's a tangible reminder that He is always with us, that He never leaves us. 

Since the day that I met Adam I knew he was a treasured gift from above, given to me to love, honor, and cherish.  The gift God has given me in allowing me to see Him through Adam is indescribable.  I knew my man loved Jesus, but now with his injury, Adam does not hold back his soul.  In prayer, in conversation, in his work... I see and hear how much my man loves Jesus and I see a glimpse at how much our Savior loves my man.  Through His strength, Adam continues to make strides and gains daily.  Oh how He loves us.

A glimpse of our last few days...

Mackenzie and I enjoyed an evening at the fair last week

 
Mackenzie brushing one of the horses at the Lewis'

Adam helped Wayne paint a shed

Getting ready to start painting

Took a break from painting and had a picnic in the yard

We were so blessed to enjoy a cookout at the Coulter's   Thanks Glen and Debby for such a wonderful Sunday afternoon!

Mackenzie and Einstein (Debby's daughter's dog) enjoying a private picnic moment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful for you, Amy. Thank you for being there for me. I love what yu said about how you see how much Jesus loves your Adam. I know this for my Dave, I like the words just as you put them. Fairs are fun. My favorite part is getting to see all the vegetable art displays. I love you and rejoice with you in what Father does in, through, and for you, Marion

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog about a year ago after reading a friend's blog. I haven't checked back in a few months, but today when I looked at your updates, it warmed my heart to see how far Adam has come in his progress. He looks fantastic!!! And it sounds like he's doing better each day! God is good! I will continue to pray for him and a 100% full recovery - he's on his way!!!

Blog Archive