Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mackenzie's Song

My super talented daughter is a gifted song writer and has a beautiful voice... yesterday we were driving along in the car and she just started freely singing.  I knew it was just something she was singing, but it was so beautiful.  I said to her "Mackenzie I LOVE that song".  She seemed startled, so I could tell she was singing what was on her heart and wasn't even aware of all that she was singing.  I asked if she would write the song down before she forgot it.

As she wrote the song down she said to me... "mom, this place isn't really our 'home'", I responded "no honey, heaven will be our home, I just wish it didn't take so long to get there."  As we continued driving she finished writing... here's what she wrote...

Why am I here, oh Lord, why am I here?
What do you have me here to do?
Oh Lord

Oh Lord, take me home, take me home
After all I have seen
After all I've heard
After all that I have been through
Take me home

Let me come, let me come
To the presence of Him
Oh to Your presence

Sound the Drum, sound the drum
Why am I here
I don't belong
Oh Lord, I belong with You.

I just absolutely love this... and to hear her sing it yesterday was something from heaven.  I asked her to sing it tonight and she said she couldn't remember.  Truly the Lord's anointing is upon her.

Like she said, this isn't our home, our eyes should be fixed up.  For this is temporary.  Philippians 3:20 says "But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ"  Ephesians 2:19 says "Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household"

My kid is amazing, very insightful and this just leaves me speechless.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love the song! The words are...beautiful.

Wanda said...

Mackenzie that is beautiful! Wish I could hear you sing ;)

Anonymous said...

How absolutley BEAUTIFUL. Thank you for sharing. I've been reading a book...Heaven, by Randy Alcorn... for the reading club from church. It is amazing. I long for the New Earth. Heaven and The New Earth will be even better than when Father first created Earth. I love you, Marion

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girl singing a beautiful song.. wish I could have heard it too. U agree, every day of life gets us one day closer to our real home! I love the tastes of Heaven that God brings each day. We rejoice that God gives us the privilege to invite others to our real home. Mackenzie, I'm praying that your love for Christ and longing for heaven will attract many many to want to know and love Him too. That's why we are still here. ... there are so many left to invite. Oh, yes Randy Alcorn's study on Heaven is marvelous. Love, Jan

Anonymous said...

Dear Adam and Amy.
Wow, I have missed you! I just did some catching up...I have been so busy!
Mackenzie's song....out of the mouths of babes, love it!

Thank you for the pictures you have posted, it is such a blessing...beyond words!

I love you all and I/we continue to pray for strength, encouragement and complete healing/restoration!

Love and blessings to you,
Aunt Kimberly

Blog Archive