Monday, August 15, 2011

A Wonderful Day

To God be the glory for all of Adam's progress and recovery!!!  What a mighty God we serve!  Adam has had an amazing day... God is working in Adam and to Him be the glory for all that He has done!  What a mighty God we serve!  Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

This morning, just like any other morning I asked Adam what my name is... yesterday when I asked this he said "perfect" and today he said... "I don't know, but I know I'm in love with you"  Isn't my man so sweet!  I just love him!

Adam had his first doctor's appointment at UNC (University of North Carolina).  We met with Dr. Walker who is a physitrist (a doctor of physical medicine and rehabilitation... a Dr.Chae).  She had rounded on Adam a couple of times during his on and off again 5 month ICU stay.  She remembered him quite well and was astonished at the fact that everything she asked Adam to do, he was able to do it with no delay!  He followed every command!!!  I can't help but rejoice and give God the glory!

While I am excited to say hi to the many staff that took care of Adam and I while living at UNC in those early days... I just couldn't do it today.  It was so overwhelming to be back in the halls that I paced, to see the places that I poured my heart out to God to save my man.  I just sat in the courtyard where I waited out many hours while Adam was in surgery after surgery... while sitting in the courtyard today, I just looked at Adam and felt blessed that God had answered so many of my prayers.  He is so faithful.  As I was sitting with Adam on one side and Mackenzie on the other... this butterfly flew our way.


We had an errand to run a little further away from Chapel Hill (where UNC is), and one of Adam's ICU nurses, Renee,  lives in this town we were headed to.  Renee was the coordinator for putting together the video for Adam's birthday that I shared with you all.  I texted Renee and we were able to meet up.  It was so great to see Renee and to congratulate her in person for her recent engagement.   It was fun chatting with her and catching up on life outside of a hospital.

Renee and I

We ended our day rejoining our small group live and in person!  It was good to be in the Word with family!We met at our good friends Johnny and Kelly's house and we were able to have our study outside in their screened in deck (which is my favorite room of the house), you add the Word of God into that mix and it was a recipe for perfect.... the perfect ending to a wonderful day!

I had blogged about this last year... for Mother's Day 2010, a week before our journey began, Adam made me the most amazing garden bed that sat on our deck. I didn't know what to do with it while we have been traveling the I-95 corridor, and I didn't want to leave it in the house we moved out of... Johnny and Kelly moved it to their house and made a garden this year out of it... it was so cool to see the garden bed in tack and being used.





Driving home from small group Adam reached for my hand to hold, it was the first time he initiated holding my hand!  MY MAN LOVES ME!!!  Thanks be to God for how far He has brought Adam.  I am so thankful to have my man next me, loving me more boldly every day!   I am truly counting my blessings tonight and giving God the glory... WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE! 

2 comments:

Doug Mortensen said...

Amen. Sounds like a wonderful day, and continued evidence of answer to prayer.

Anonymous said...

You love butterflies. I am so glad Father gave you such a pretty one. The garden looks wonderful. It grows not only vegetables, but sweet friendship as well. I am so glad you could meet up with Renee. I know dr.s, nurses and all are always blessed to see patients they have helped have progressed. I love you, Marion

Blog Archive