Thursday, August 18, 2011

Perfect Peace

Perfect Peace by Laura Story

Stay close by My side,
Keep your eyes on Me,
Though this life is hard,
I will give you perfect peace,

In this time of trial,
Pain that no one sees,
Trust me when I say,
I will give you perfect peace,

And you'll never walk alone,
And you'll never be in need,
Though I may not calm the storms around you,
You can hide in Me,

Burdens that you bear,
Offer no relief,
Let Me bear your load,
Cause I will give you perfect peace,
Stay close by My side,
And you'll never walk alone,

Keep your eyes on Me,
And you will never be in need,
Though this life is hard,
Know that I will always give you perfect peace,
I will give you perfect peace...

I can't even begin to tell you how this song ministered to me today.  I often think about the perfect peace that God washed me with the day of Adam's injury... peace that surpasses ALL understanding, peace for the journey not just for that day... perfect peace.  I am so thankful for His peace.  In moments of discouragement, in moments when this feels like too much, in moments of trying to make sense of my shattered dreams, in moments of desperation for Jesus, in moments of sorrow, in my broken heart... HIS PEACE IS PERFECT!    God's word says he will keep us in perfect peace, we need to continue to trust in Him and keep our focus on Him... Isaiah 26:3&4 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.

Adam, Mackenzie, and I had the pleasure of meeting some of our prayer warriors this evening.  We have had the blessing over the last several weeks of being back home to run into so many of the prayer warriors we have never met while we've been out running around.  Thank you for taking the time to come up to us and introduce yourselves and chat with us.  Your prayers are what has carried us through and we are so thankful and blessed by your prayers.  Prayer will continue to be our greatest need.  So many of you have asked how you can help us out, please listen to me friends... truly from the bottom of my heart I mean this... prayer has been vital to Adam's recovery this far and will continue to be so.  If you want to do something for my man or for us as a family... continue to pray for my man's recovery.  Commit to praying for my man's FULL recovery.  James 5:15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up.   Please brothers and sisters... pray for my man, pray in faith and believe that our mighty God will touch Adam in that moment that you are praying for him.  We are seeing the answers to your prayers... my man is doing amazing... but we still have a long road ahead, so please keep praying.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the song. I love you, Marion

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that song. My family and I are in consistent prayer for Adam's full recovery during our once a week prayer meetings. I know with all my heart that any day now Adam will be FULLY healed. I read your blog in anticipation of it. I don't know if I ever shared this with you, but when I was born my mom was eight months pregnant. I was just under 3 pounds. After 30 minutes of struggle by the doctor I did not breathe. My mother did not accept this, and even though her condition left her with out strengh she prayed for me. She asked God to breathe air into my lungs. When the nurses started to prepare my tiny little body my mom asked them to stop because she asked God to breathe air into me and she was waiting for me to start crying. She says she said it with such certainty that the nurses stepped away and wathced. A few minutes later my Heavenly Father Himself breathed air into my tiny lungs and here I am 35 years later. At the time the chances of pre-mature babies surviving were very slim, but my mothers Faith brought me to life. My mom always tells me what a blessing I am as the love, admiration, affection, and overwhelming honor I feel for my parents is like nothing I can explain. She says that I always put a smile on her face no matter how she may be feeling. And of course I am my daddy's princess!

My family and I are awaiting Adam's full recovery and we can't wait to tell others about it. I miss you. I love you so much! Thank you for your prayers over me, and I look forward to reading your blog on marriage this week.

Love,
Jenn (in Orlando)

Blog Archive