Monday, August 1, 2011

Let The Joy Pour Forth

It feels so good to have my baby girl home and our family complete again!  Thank you for all of you who have been praying for her while she's been gone. 

I love God's promise of bringing joy in the morning... last week was a difficult week for me and I was really struggling... but the joy has been pouring forth today and I am rejoicing in every moment.  God's faithfulness keeps me in a continued state of awe.  Even in my darkest hours I can look back and see that He not only carried me through, but comforted me every step.  I am rejoicing in the joys and blessings of the day today.

We have been rejoicing in a good day here in the Root house... our day started with Adam's first doctor's appointment since being back here in North Carolina.  The doctor he saw today was one that had seen him before when Adam was at WakeMed in Cary.  It was pretty exciting to see their reactions to how amazing Adam is doing!

Later this afternoon we ran to the grocery store to pick up 2 items and so I decided to try something... I decided to let Adam and push the cart through the store.  One of the items I needed was broccoli, so I had him walk through the produce section and scan till he found the broccoli, then once he walked over to it I had him pick it out and put it in the bag, then the cart, he did awesome!!!  In the beginning, I was a little nervous, but he did great!  I was so incredibly proud of him, he was concentrating so hard.  When we were ready to check him I had him to the check out... he did great!  I was so proud of him and so excited!!!

Psalm 30:5 Sorrow may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rejoice with you, in the good times you've had with "the family" together again. You are so right, JOY COMES IN THE MORNING. Your less than bright days, will be glorious gems, once we get home. I love you, Marion

Blog Archive