Friday, August 5, 2011

Guys Night and Mother Daughter Date Night!!!

Please continue to keep praying for Adam and our battle to receive his medications.  We are having quite the time trying to get them.  They were suppose to here this afternoon and never arrived.  Then his doctor was to call in a emergency 7 day supply to a local pharmacy and did, but called in the wrong order.  So here we stand, still without Adam's medications.  Please pray for Adam as we wait for his medications and continue to trust that God is Adam's physician and He is in control.

Needless to say, with still battling for Adam's medications we took the day easy.  Fighting for his medications has been a 6-8 hour process of my day, on the phone trying to track down the doctor, talking with the prescription company, on the phone with Gloria from insurance... what else can I do, but surrender to God, there is nothing else I can do on this end, I have fought the best fight I can, and now it's up to God, I am trusting Him and I have surrendered this to Him.

The first Friday of every month, the men in our small group have guys night... tonight was the first guys night Adam was able to attend!!!  He went and hung out with the guys and Mackenzie and I went on a mother daughter date night!!!  Earlier this week I made Mackenzie an invitation to our date night tonight and together we looked forward to the time we get to spend learning about each other better. We are working our way through a book called "8 Great Dates For Mom & Daughters" It's all about guiding our daughters to see that their true value and worth come from God.  It also helps guide mothers into keeping open communication with our daughters.
It gives you discussions as well as a date plan, and tonight Mackenzie and I really enjoyed our time.  I was blessed and honored by some of her responses.  We have to evaluate one another on all different aspects of our lives and one was our daily walk with the Lord and setting time aside daily for Him.  She rated me the highest possible rating, when I asked why she said I was the most Godly woman she knew. I not saying this to be prideful, I am truly saying this because this was the highest compliment I could have ever received from my kiddo.  Tears welled in my eyes as I felt so unworthy of such a beautiful compliment.   Praise the Lord that she understands and values the importance of a personal relationship with God.  I pray for her walk to grow daily and for her to have a heart like Jesus.  I truly cherished our evening together and look forward to the first Friday of next month when we get to go on our next date!

Deuteronomy 6:1-2, 4-9 These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life. Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

Lord, I pray for your wisdom and guidance in bringing up Mackenzie, I pray that I will not just teach her, but be an example of your commandments.  Lord I pray that you will guide both Mackenzie and I to Love you with all our heart, soul, and strength.  Show us how to love the way you love.  As Mackenzie is starting to become a young woman, draw us both closer to You and closer together.  Lord, I speak against any schemes the enemy has plotted to come between us, and God I ask for You to intervene and allow our mother daughter relationship to flourish in ways we can't even begin to imagine.  Lord, I thank you for the gift in Mackenzie you have trusted me with, thank you for allowing me to be her mom.  It is I who is truly blessed and honored.  What an amazing kiddo You have given me.  Continue to give me the wisdom needed to bring her up in Your ways.  I love you so much.  And it's in Jesus' name I pray and ask these things, Amen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our daughters are a delight. I am enjoying a better and better relationship with my daughter. Father has His hand on Mackenzie and your relationship in a special way. I don't know what Father is doing in blocking the medication from coming, BUT I DO KNOW He has His hand on Adam in a very special way. You think you have been amazed at what has happened in Adam's life, JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT'S IN STORE!!! I love you, Marion

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Good for you! That sounds like an awesome book! We have given our OS report cards for us as parents and they have been very enlightening. We didn't flunk out not did we get straight A's. It has provided our boys an opportunity to give us feedback and grow our bond as a family. You are doing wonderful things and glorifying the Lord. Thanks be to God for how He is giving you strength to do so much!

Blog Archive