Sunday, August 7, 2011

Counting My Blessings and Praising God That I Am His!!!

Here I am before you
Falling in love and seeking your truth
Knowing that your perfect grace
Has brought me to this place
Because of you I freely live
My life to you, oh God, I give

So I stand before You God
I lift my voice because you set me free

So I shout out your name from the rooftops I proclaim
That I am Yours, I am yours

All the good You've done for me
I lift up my hand up hand for all to see
You're the only one
Who brings me to my knees
To share this love across the earth
The beauty of Your Holy Word

So I stand before You God
I lift my voice because you set me free

So I shout out your name from the rooftops I proclaim
That I am Yours, I am Yours
All that I am I place into Your loving hands
And I am Yours, I am Yours

Here I am, I stand with arms wide open
To the one, the Son, the everlasting God


Those of you who are familiar with one of my favorite bands, Jesus Culture, might recognize the lyrics above... it's a song called Rooftops... if you have been around me at all over the last week, chances are you have heard it in our home, in our car... on my MP3 player...  I AM HIS!!!  Romans 10:9  Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. How can you grasp this concept and not want to shout to everyone near by that Jesus is Lord and I am His!!!  Anyone else with me?!!!

Not only am I His, but I give to Him all that I am and all that I have to offer... which on some days just feels like the pieces from a very broken heart and on other days, it's seems to be so much more.  No matter where I am (emotionally speaking), or what I have to offer... it belongs to Jesus, because I belong to Jesus.  I love Jesus so much.

I love my man too!  I love my man!!!  In spite of not having Adam's medications we have had a great weekend.  Before our journey began, Adam would take Mackenzie to Home Depot, to their kids workshop and they would create something each month, Mackenzie cherished this time with her dad and looked forward to it every month.  While Adam was in the hospital and still in North Carolina, our good friend Johnny would take Mackenzie, yesterday Adam and Mackenzie made their first project together at Home Depot since before our journey began.  Johnny and his family were their too... what a cherished memory we created yesterday.   I used to watch Adam teach Mackenzie how to use a hammer and other tools, but yesterday I watch my sweet daughter teach her dad how to use a hammer and then watch as he correctly hammered the nail in place.  Praise the Lord for Adam's healing taking place.

So to continue the saga of Adam's medications... the mail order in pharmacy company that accused me of selling Adam's medications on the black market, sent back the doctor's prescriptions.  You would think that if they accused me of making copies of the prescriptions and selling Adam's medications on the black market, that they wouldn't send me back the scripts... but they did!   This was a blessing, I went to the CVS who has been trying to help us and has been caught in the middle of some of this, filled the prescriptions... yes, we had to pay for them out of pocket... but the important thing is Adam FINALLY has his medications!  Praise the Lord.  I was worried since he had been off them for so many days, I asked the pharmacist if I should build him back on them rather than giving him his full dose... she had no clue, and I didn't know what to do... so I called Adam's pharmacist at UNC and asked and she helped me and was able to assist with all my questions and concerns.  I was so incredibly grateful for her help! 

Last week we sat down as a family to plan our week, this is becoming a weekly family meeting it helps me to communicate with Mackenzie and it begins the process of letting Adam know exactly what's going to happen each day.  So last week Mackenzie asked if she could plan something for today and I agreed.  She planned on a little family date, she wanted to take Adam to see the movie Rio.  We are blessed here in North Carolina to have a $1.50 movie theatre where every movie no matter the showing is only a $1.50.  So together with Scott and Stacy we went to the movies and saw Rio... it was so great.  I was a little worried about taking Adam since he hasn't been to the movies yet, but he loved it.  He laughed throughout the movie and really enjoyed himself.  Another great memory.  Then we came home and Adam, Mackenzie, and I played the game Life and watched a storm pass through.  I am so thankful and grateful for the blessings of getting to create family memories.  What a mighty God we serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Part of our worship at church was a song about "All that I have is Yours", as well as a few other lyrics that sounded much like your song. I am sooooo glad He takes the broken pieces, the frayed life and makes it into His beautiful creation. I love you and am glad with you, that Adam got his meds, though it sounds like he made it, until they came. Hugs, Marion

Blog Archive