Thursday, August 11, 2011

Counting Blessings


I am counting my blessings today, I just feel so blessed.  I have an amazing kiddo, and one incredible man.  Adam is feeling so good these days and he looks amazing.  It is evident he enjoys life at home, and I love having him next even more.

Adam was given a nice fresh haircut today, thanks to our friend Marijane... while Adam was in the hospital I would just buzz his hair, but now that he's home, I wanted him to wear his hair like he always has.  This takes skill that I lack... so I asked Marijane if she would help teach me how to cut Adam's hair like he used to always have it cut.  Today I got my first hair cutting lesson, thanks Marijane!

After that, we loaded up and headed to our good friends and our small group leaders Mark and Mary.  Adam was sitting at the kitchen table chatting with Mary and I as the kids played outside... when Mark walked through the door, Adam wheeled himself and followed Mark... so Adam joined Mark in the garage to work on Mark's car.  Mark even worked with Adam helping him to identify the tools.

Now that Adam is doing better, (since our whole fiasco with the medication) we decided he was ready for another grocery store adventure.  So before heading home for the evening we popped into the store and Adam walked up and down just about every isle and to and from the car... he did GREAT!!!  He was so ready to walk further than the length of our home.

Psalm 43:4 Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God.  I am counting my blessings and praising God for the joy He has given me...  I am one blessed girl. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one blessed girl AND smart too. We're all blessed... but you take time to say it out loud to God, to yourself, to others, and on your blog over and over!! Your praise and your heart of gratitude is SO BEAUTIFUL !! What a great report to hear of all Adam's adventures in the past few days!!! HUGE answers to prayers.
love to you all, Jan

Anonymous said...

I remember a time my Dave asked me to trim his bangs. He was active duty at the time. Well, anyway, I trimed. The one side was a little to long. I trimed. The other side was too long. I trimed. Now the first side was too long. I trimed. Finally, he had less than a half inch of bangs left. You guessed it, he never asked me to trim his hair again. :) I love you, Marion

Blog Archive