Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Celebrating Good News!!!

I am past my 11pm rule, but I just wanted to share a couple things... more on marriage to come tomorrow.

Thank you for your prayers regarding Adam's therapy program... he has been accepted and insurance approved the brain injury day treatment program that we were hoping he was going to get into!!!  Thank you, thank you for your prayers... this is HUGE!!!  When Gloria called me today (our insurance case manager) to tell me the good news, I was ecstatic!!!  I am so excited, I get to go back to being my man's wife!!!  Gloria and I decided Adam could take a vacation the rest of the week since he has been doing amazing, and to give him some rest before hitting brain injury boot camp!

Funny story... I have been working crazy hard at feeding Adam really healthy, after all we are feeding a brain... I read some, then I try things out to see if it works for Adam.  Adam has no dietary restrictions, but he is on high protein, high antioxidant diet.  I try not to serve processed foods or anything with high sodium... this is just what I have read and what we're working towards.  Today I was reading about red meat, and I know how hard red meat is on the digestive system so I was checking to see how it effects the brain... after reading for a bit, I turned to Adam and said, "I think we're going to try not to eat red meat and only do chicken and fish, how do you feel about that?"  Adam replied "that's sad"... looks like red meat will be staying in our diet.

For those of you who are curious we did indeed feel the earthquake... being from Seattle I recognized it right away as an earthquake, but thought I was crazy since earthquakes are so rare out here.  Mackenzie quickly put into practice what she had learned from her years on the west coast... she took cover under the table and held her head.  By the time she got into position it was over... it was rather comical.

This evening Adam's buddies, Scott, Terry, and Alan picked Adam up for a guys night and for bible study.  Along with their friend Mark they had dinner, their study time and their video game time... yup, the study God's word then play video games afterwards.  Stacy, Mackenzie, I ran some last minute errands to grab the last of the school supply stuff.  We thought Mackenzie was done, but then came home from 6th grade orientation today with more supplies to get... hopefully we're done now... anyway, we walked into Scott and Stacy's and there was Adam amongst all his buddies with the best grin on his face.  He was having so much fun beating Mark at a video game.

Isn't God amazing!!!  Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and will show thee great things, and difficult, which thou knowest not. What a miracle it is that Adam is doing all that he is.  It is truly only but the power of God the Almighty Healer that Adam is where he is today.  I feel so blessed and so grateful to be apart of such an incredible story of miracles that is taking place.  Glory to God.  Thank you for your prayers, God is answering your faithful hearts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how wonderful, i'm soo happy for you guys.
bless you,
anita

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how happy I am about the home therapy. Father is good. We very seldom eat red meat, maybe only3 or 4 times a month. I know what we eat affects what we are.....BUT.....Father is above all that. I guess I am saying Yes, eat better...chicken, fish...but Father can make eating the red meat okay. Did that make sense...I don't think I could get it out again. :) I love you and continue to trust Father for you all. Thanks for praying for me. Marion

Blog Archive