Psalm 127:3-5 Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
I love how God has used children, your kiddos in our journey... I love the stories so many of you share with me of how your children pray for my man. There prayers are so specific and so innocent, I just love to hear these stories.
Children react in different ways when they see someone in a wheelchair... one of our good friends daughter was scared when Adam's chair was being wheeled towards her, but more often then not kids just stare, because they are trying to make sense of what they are seeing. Today I was so touched by a sweet little girl... we were out running an errand today and this little angel walks up to Adam, touches his knee and says "Hi! My name is Michelle, I'm 4!" Adam turned towards her, waved and said hello. I was so touched by this little girl. I know as moms we teach our children to not speak to strangers for safety, and while Michelle's mom was apologizing for Michelle, my heart was so touched by her boldness and lack of fear towards something different. Michelle continued to talk to Adam and I for about 5 minutes about her school, her bicycle, and whatever else she felt like talking about. This little girl's free spirit has taught me to reach out and boldly share a hello, and a smile if I am feeling led and with appropriate supervision, allow Mackenzie to do the same thing... it might change a heart! In 5 minutes this little girl's smile and friendly hello to Adam blessed me so much and forever has left a print on my heart.
I just wanted to share this special story from our day today!
- ► 2012 (38)
- Sweet Blessing
- Meandering Through The Journey
- God's Amazing Sovereignty... I Just Want More of H...
- Celebrating Our Anniversary
- Time With Buddies, Time With My Girl
- Choosing Friends Wisely
- Celebrating Good News!!!
- Marriage, Middle School, and Mornings
- Fellowship With Church Family
- Perfect Peace
- Being Bold In Expressing The Joy of the Lord
- A Wonderful Day
- The Blessing Of A Free Spirit
- Cheerful Hearts Are Good Medicine
- Counting Blessings
- Questions Answered
- Admiring My Man
- Blessed and Thankful
- Counting My Blessings and Praising God That I Am H...
- Guys Night and Mother Daughter Date Night!!!
- God Is In Control And Everything Is In His Timing
- Finding Time
- Can You Have A Busy, Lazy Day?
- Let The Joy Pour Forth
- ▼ August (24)
- ► 2010 (250)