Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Blessing Of A Free Spirit

Psalm 127:3-5  Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.


I love how God has used children, your kiddos in our journey... I love the stories so many of you share with me of how your children pray for my man.  There prayers are so specific and so innocent, I just love to hear these stories.

Children react in different ways when they see someone in a wheelchair... one of our good friends daughter was scared when Adam's chair was being wheeled towards her, but more often then not kids just stare, because they are trying to make sense of what they are seeing.  Today I was so touched by a sweet little girl... we were out running an errand today and this little angel walks up to Adam, touches his knee and says "Hi!  My name is Michelle, I'm 4!"  Adam turned towards her, waved and said hello.  I was so touched by this little girl.  I know as moms we teach our children to not speak to strangers for safety, and while Michelle's mom was apologizing for Michelle, my heart was so touched by her boldness and lack of fear towards something different.  Michelle continued to talk to Adam and I for about 5 minutes about her school, her bicycle, and whatever else she felt like talking about.  This little girl's free spirit has taught me to reach out and boldly share a hello, and a smile if I am feeling led and with appropriate supervision, allow Mackenzie to do the same thing... it might change a heart!  In 5 minutes this little girl's smile and friendly hello to Adam blessed me so much and forever has left a print on my heart.

I just wanted to share this special story from our day today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it okay yet for Adam Pictures?

Anonymous said...

What a gift. I am so blessed for you. I love you, Marion

Blog Archive