Monday, August 8, 2011

Blessed and Thankful

I love my husband so much... I love him in ways I never knew were possible.  I have never felt anything like this, my love for him grows and grows more every day and I am so thankful that God continues to give me a love for my man that words just will never adequately describe.  With our anniversary approaching I have been reflecting on our marriage, on my love for my man... and on our journey.  I feel blessed.

I love the moments Adam and I share where we can exchange a glance and I will know exactly what he needs or wants.  I love the moments when I am whispering something in his ear and he steals a kiss.  I love that my man tells me with words that he loves me!  I love my man!  I am so thankful for him, he is my hero... he has endured so much, persevered through so much, yet when he prays he prays with a heart of thanksgiving... he is my hero, I respect him, I admire him, I cherish him... I love him.  I thank God that I get to be Adam's wife!  Praise the Lord for the amazing man I get to spend every day with!

As I lay here next to him, I just feel a strong sense of comfort.  I love the way I feel when I am next to him.  I just love him so much.  I lay here praying for him, praying for the journey still ahead... I ask you all to pray for my man too, continue to pray for his FULL recovery. Job 42:2  "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted."  Pray for him tomorrow as he goes for an assessment at an outpatient day program.  Tomorrow is his clinical evaluation and assessment and all day today I was thinking... it's just not fair that it's tomorrow.  It's not going to be a fair assessment since he has been off his neurostimulants for a week and he only had his first doses today.  Then I was gently reminded, that God is in control of everything.  He is in control of Adam's assessment with or without neurostimulants.  I still ask that you keep Adam in your prayers as we gear towards getting him into the right therapy program.

We had a great day here in the Root house, Adam worked on therapy, and Mackenzie and I helped him as we did our own things too.  Then this afternoon we packed up and headed to Bob and Connie's (my NC parents).  Adam worked on some more therapy tools there while Mackenzie and I got busy and made dinner tonight... well I should say, Mackenzie did most of it.  She is an amazing cook, she gets that from her dad, Adam loves to be in the kitchen cooking.   It was such a fun evening and I just love time with family.  I am going to bed tonight feeling blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was a child, I helped my mother in the kitchen. I did not do so much on my own. My hat is off to you, Mackenzie. Marion

Blog Archive