Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Being Bold In Expressing The Joy of the Lord

Do you know how blessed we are to be living in a country where we can freely worship?  We can let the joy of the Lord manifest himself through us and express the joy of the Lord in all that we do.  We can speak boldly of our faith and share the good news openly... isn't that worth shouting praise to God that we can so openly praise and worship Him.  Yet how often do we exercise the privileges we have?  How often do we share boldly our faith?  It's not just a responsibility as a believer to share the good news, it's a privilege.  How often do we go out and share the good news with the freedom we have to do so?  For me, I know it's not enough. 

Luke 10:2 says "He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." 

Mark 16:15 says "He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."

John 4: 35-36 says "Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 36 Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together."

I pray that I will no longer miss the opportunities to share what a mighty God we serve, I pray that my eyes will be opened to those around me who need Jesus and even those who need a fresh and new anointing of the Holy Spirit.  I challenge each of you to please think of one person in your life that you could invest in and share with them what a mighty God we serve... if everyone reading this invested in one person, do you know how incredible it would be... come on friends, lets do this together, let's go out there and win souls for Jesus!

Let me tell you about my man today!!!!  He's amazing!!!  I love that I am getting to see bits and pieces of his sweet, kind personality come through.  This morning Adam woke up bound and determined that he needed to get to work.  He even told me that he needed to get to work to make sense of all that he was thinking (this was word for word).  So bright and early this morning (actually, it was too early to be bright), we started his routine in hopes to distract him from his determined mission of needing to get to work. 

I often explain to him that his job now is therapy, working hard every day to cover come this injury.  Today was the fastest Adam has ever completed his morning routine as well as the most independent he has ever been while getting ready!!!  Even after completing his routine and breakfast he was still quite determined in spirit today, so we went for a walk around the driveway multiple times.  In fact Adam spent more time out of his wheelchair today than in it.  We went walking multiple times today and I had him do all the walking in the house.  Anytime he needed something or wanted to move from room to room, he walked!  I am so proud of Adam, I am so proud of my mighty warrior, I just LOVE my man!

Mackenzie has a secret recipe... she makes this amazing dill chex mix that is so addicting and so yummy... today she and Adam worked on it together.  She allowed him to help her make, but still won't even share her secret ingredients with me... too funny.  She made the mix and some cookies to be delivered to the local fire department as a thank you for their service.  As she and Adam were busy in the kitchen I sat on the back porch (just off the kitchen) and had my precious time in the Word. I love my family so much, I love my man and my kiddo and I am honored to be Adam's wife and Mackenzie's mom.

This evening we went back to the church we attended last Wednesday evening.  During worship I just surrendered everything over to God.  I finally handed over EVERY broken piece of my heart and surrendered it all, as I was praying a prayer of submission, I heard God speak to me letting me know now that He has ALL the pieces of my heart, he can start to put them all back where they belong.  All I could do was praise Him that HE makes everything new. 

Towards the end of the service they had a prayer time, and even before I could wheel Adam down to the area designated for healing, people came to Adam and began to lay their hands on him and prayed.  Adam, Mackenzie, and I were prayed for this evening in ways I cannot describe to you all with words.  It was so powerful that it truly was indescribable.  One couple Tim and Debby Barry came and prayed over Adam, they asked me if I knew what cephalitis was (which is inflammation of the brain) and I said yes, Adam is recovering from a brain injury and I am all too familiar with that term.  Tim went on to share a tiny piece of his story, he is a brain injury survivor too and by the power of God's grace he is healed.  He shared a precious moment from his recovery... he said he didn't know who his wife was (even after 31 years of marriage) and when asked by a medical personal if he knew who this lady is (pointing to his wife) he said he responded "no, but I sure would like to"!  I just loved this story.  There standing together we all prayed for Adam's progress.  What a blessing prayer is and to be prayed over and for.  Thank you to the many of you who pray for my man every day!

2 comments:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

I have no idea what you're going through and praise the Lord for your family's strength. One day Adam will read your blog and be moved to tears over the way you have loved and encouraged him during his recovery. Your daughter is extraordinary also. Keep sharing and rejoicing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reminder to be bold. One of my soldiers came back from Afghanistan with his hand quite injured. Because of what I have learned through your blog, Kathleen's, and Katie Rye's, I understood, and was able to share a little about TBI. His driver is now in that group. He, too was blessed with the understanding given him. I love you, Marion

Blog Archive