Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Admiring My Man

Yesterday I was just sharing my thoughts about my man and I wanted to encourage you wives to step back and admire your man... what do you admire in him, I'm not asking what you love about him, I'm asking specifically... what do you admire about him.  Merriam-Webster defines admire: to marvel at.  Shortly after getting married to Adam, I began my personal library on marriage... although it's not a large library, I do like the resources that are there to pull from.  I want to share a quote from an awesome book The Politically Incorrect Wife by:  Nancy Cobb and Connie Grigsby... "To admire your husband is one of the most powerful things you can do for him. Most men prefer to be admired to being loved. If you doubt this tell your husband that you love him and study his reaction. Then after prayerful consideration, think of something you admire about him. Say to him, “There is something about you that I truly admire.” Watch his attentiveness. You will be amazed at how powerful words of admiration are to your husband. Would you consider saying to your husband tonight, “There is something about you I truly admire”? Then share it with him. Lay your discomfort aside. Swallow your pride if you need to. Ask God for a spirit of humility and sincerity. Then step out in faith and tell your husband you admire him. You can do it! And God will bless you in your efforts."

Come on ladies, even the bible talks about thinking admirable thoughts... Philippians 4:8 says Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.  My footnote says "What we put into our minds determines what comes out in our words and in our actions."  So if we're thinking admiring thoughts about our husbands, we will act in ways that he will feel admired.  If this concept is hard for you to get or you're thinking "sure that's nice, but it just won't work" then please I ask you to surrender your heart and your mind to God and He will help you keep focused on good and pure thoughts.  Pray often and get into God's word and it will be easier to keep your thoughts focused on admirable thoughts.

Tonight, I lay here next to the man I admire most... my husband, Adam Root. I am so thankful that God has given me such an incredible man. I just love him.

 

Thank you, thank you, thank you for praying for my man today!  He has had a great day today!  His medications are kicking back in and I can just tell he's feeling so much better.  His assessment today with the outpatient day program went really well.  Now is when we need your prayers, please pray that insurance will accept this program and will cover all the costs involved with this program.  I'll keep you updated, but I won't know more for at least a week... so hang in there with me and keep praying, please!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a book by Shaunti Felhahn, "For Women only". I think you would enjoy this book. The jist of it, men spell love "admire". hugs, Marion

Blog Archive