Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We Have Been On Our Knees

I been on my knees asking God to help me live in an upright way and to extend grace to those who don't deserve it.  I know I don't deserve the grace I have received and I pray that God will give me the compassion necessary to respond it grace and love beyond what my flesh is capable of.  So many Christians are labeled as hypocrites and really, it's impossible to not be.  We are human, we are ALL sinners, finite creatures whose flesh takes over every once in awhile, but it's how we respond to those moments... do we seek forgiveness, do we truly have a heart change and ask God to purify us? 

I am working on this.  Adam and I have been wronged in a very large way and instead of the appropriate people seeking forgiveness or even acting like they care, we are being treated as though we were the ones wrong in the beginning.  The people involved openly talk about how they are Christians and even active in their churches, yet their actions are anything but kind and trustworthy.  Being treated this way has truly made me take a step back and examine my own heart.  Am I living in way that my actions as a believer are screaming louder than my words?  I pray that before I even speak, my integrity, kindness, compassion, and love shine through before a word is ever spoken from my mouth.

I ask all of you who know me... hold me accountable, please.  I also challenge all of you to allow your actions to speak of your faith and love in Jesus before any words are spoken from your mouth.  I beg you, if you have wronged someone ask for forgiveness first from God, then from those who you have wronged... please, let you light shine, don't be held captive by the enemy.  James 3: 13-17 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

Please be praying for us, like my sister said in her post a little bit ago... we are in need of your prayers now more than ever.

Adam had such a busy day today, he was in therapy from 9am-4pm straight... we are all exhausted.  Mackenzie and I spent the day with him in therapy learning and watching.  Since we have been bringing Adam home on the weekends we went through some family training today.  We worked on the floor with Adam, getting him down to the floor safely and up from the floor as well, we spent a long of time on the floor and on our knees.  Adam and I also worked on climbing stairs, he climbed a flight of stairs with 12 steps and then came back down again... he did this twice!  Amazing!  Adam also walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes...  He continues to work on his hand writing and memory skills in speech.  Today in speech he wrote my name!  I am so proud of him and how hard he works!!!  Adam has come a long ways, and we still have a long ways to go in this journey, so please keep praying for us!

Please also be patient with us, our access to the Internet is very sporadic and will be for the next week.  I will try to update every day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will forever be in my prayers!!! I can't wait for the day I start to read this blog and the one blogging is Adam and he is talking about ALL of the amazing blessings in his life, and he is thanking God for how far he has come and how much better his life is than before his accident. You are a true inspiration of LOVE. I admire you and I know that our Lord will continue to AMAZE you as He continues to amaze me!!!! I ask God to continue to give you strengh. Take care.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy,
My heart aches for you... My husband and I were betrayed by some church friends and it struck us to our core. It caused us too to really examine what we looked like and acted towards others. I pray for strength as you deal with this hurt. Our God is just so amazing as he just loves us so much - I was overwhelmed just yesterday as I was with my children in the car, I looked back in the mirror to see them - and just felt so unworthy and overwhelmed with all that God does for me, all he has given me, how he is always there, how he blesses me when I don't deserve it! All I could do was cry and praise him. He is real and true and we have seen it in your journey. Amy, I pray for Adam's FULL recovery and your strength in the process. Thanks for letting me be apart of this transforming journey.

Anonymous said...

I, too, have been wronged by those who walk with Father. One thing that has helped me, is to realize they aren't hurting me, really, they are hurting Father. Too, it is NOT flesh and blood that comes against us BUT principalities and powers of darkness. I have been reminded of how much Satan hates God. What better way to get at Father, than through hurting His children. It is through my devestating hurts and wrongs done unto me, I have come closest to Father and learned the most of Him. Didn't Jesus say if we were to be like Him, we would suffer. Even with what most of us have gone through, we havn't suffered like Jesus on the cross. He asked Father to remove the cup from Him, if it was His will. Yet for the glory on the other side, He went through it. There was pain and much suffering, but once on the other side we received a gift we would never have received otherwise. I love you and trust Father to give you a hug from the inside out. Marion

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy, It is often a sign of those closest to Christ when they undergo such harsh persecution from those who call themselves believers. As a pastor's wife for 20 years now, and having been rejected by 2 large groups of people in churches here in Winston-Salem--I've felt it too. I have passages to share: 1 Peter 4:19; Psalm 119:74; 69:5,6; 31:19-24. Hang in there, Sister. He is your Rock, and He is making you and Adam more beautiful everyday. Rest in Him, alone. Your Sister-in-Christ because Jesus saved us! Sandra

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

No one knows what you are going through but you. Your family has endured things that most will never experience and you have shown yourself faithful to the Lord and to your family during this trial. It sounds like the Enemy is trying to confuse things and tempt you to despair. You are a brave woman, wife and mama. I know the Lord will sustain you and give you a holy perspective not to lose focus on what Jesus is doing in your life and through your example. Keep your eyes on Him.

Cindy

Blog Archive