Friday, July 1, 2011

Trust

This is what my Bible says about trust...  (please read each verse, don't just skip ahead, these verses are so powerful)

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
Jeremiah 17:7  But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.
Psalm 28:7  The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
Isaiah 26:4  Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.
Psalm 37:3  Trust in the Lord and do good;
Psalm 62:8  Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
Psalm 56:4  In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid.
Psalm 37:5  Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him
Psalm 125:1  Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever
Nahum 1:7  The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him,
Romans 15:13  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 4:2  Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.


Trust... is a difficult thing, once broken there is no quick fix, no easy remedy, very little peace...

Trust is something that I have struggled with since childhood... I know God is using Adam's accident even in my own life to bring healing to the wounds of my own heart.  Having to consistently trust Adam in the hands of caregivers has been an ongoing difficult process in this journey and continues to be so. Lately I have been wrestling with this, I had to once again out loud over and over again say to God, I trust you, I trust you. I don't have to trust his caregivers, especially when trust is anything but warranted... but I do trust that my Savior is with Adam and will continue to carry him in the palm of HIS mighty and capable hands.  This is where I need the body of Christ to partner with us, please, please pray for Adam and those who are caring for him.  Pray for their integrity, for wisdom, and for the truth to always be spoken.  We know no matter what... truth ALWAYS prevails.

Merriam-Webster defines trust as assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something.  The key words here for me is assured reliance on the character of someone... this journey has shown me daily that we live in a fallen world, I am saddened by the amount of people who lack integrity to do the right thing.  I pray that God will help me to live in such a way that my integrity will not be questioned the way that I have come to question so many.

All this to say, there is forgiveness even when trust is broken, however it still takes a journey to rebuild trust and most of the time trust is not given without the ability to allow God's grace to manifest itself in us to be able to extend grace.  I am praying tonight that God's grace will manifest itself through me to extend grace to those who have lacked integrity.

It has been great to spend time with Adam... oh how I missed him, and he clearly missed Mackenzie and I. He hasn't stopped smiling since he saw us.  I love my man!  He has continued to excel this week in therapy and I have been thrilled to hear such great stories of how well he has done, and how much progress he has made even in a couple of days.  Praise the Lord for the strength He has given Adam this week!  So much to praise God for, and I am on my knees tonight truly giving God thanks and glory for all He is doing this moment in our journey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reminded of a Sunday School song I learned YEARS ago, part of it anyway...Trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey. Thank you for the verses, I love you, Marion

Blog Archive