- People who park in a handicap spot who don't have proper tags or identification to do so. To the man today at Costco, I know you were in a hurry and didn't want to circle the lot, and honestly I don't care that you'll only be a few minutes... please consider when you do this it means I have to park in the back of the lot to leave enough room to get Adam into his wheelchair, then break my back pushing him from the back of the lot to the front of the store.
- The not necessary use of a handicap stall in the bathroom. Please, please, please think twice before indulging in the larger stall because you like the extra room... by doing this you potentially take up the only stall available to the disabled and while waiting, accidents do happen.
- It's okay and appreciated if you offer to help... when you see us struggling with the door, or lifting the 57 pound wheelchair in and out of the car, please offer to help... what's the worst that can help, someone says "no thanks".
- If engaging in a conversation or asking questions such as, what happened, first (always first) engage ask the disabled person, if they don't respond then look to the caretaker for ques. Please do not ignore the disabled or talk over them. Even if they don't respond, it's just polite to give the benefit of the doubt.
- Last new pet peeve... medical supplies... it's ridiculous how expensive medical supplies are, they industry knows you need them so it seems that they charge more. If you have any suggestions or if I'm missing something fill me in. I do order most of what I need online and even then it's still ridiculous and it's saves me 40% ordering online than buying in a medical supply store. Ouch.
I have a specific prayer request for this week, please pray for Adam to become continent. Please pray that he will become aware and communicate his needs. Please pray for theses requests this week. I know many of you feel led to pray for specific things, and I am so appreciative and grateful for to you all for that, please just pray for the 2 items above they are so important. Thank you.
I have been so excited seeing God move in our journey the last few days... He is truly a God of provision and restoration, I have found myself in complete awe for all that He is doing in providing for our family. I love that He uses the body of Christ to meet the needs of the body. I can't thank you all enough for allowing God to use you as His provisions for our family. God has truly provided for us the way that He provided Manna in the desert. "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." Psalm 23:1