Thursday, July 28, 2011

So Thankful For The Holy Spirit Part 2

Like I mentioned yesterday, in my quiet time I have been studying the Holy Spirit... the more I study it, the more I am comforted.  I find myself begging the Lord for a fresh anointing.  One thing I am grabbing hold of is God's love for us never changes, our ability to receive God's love changes, and I believe that's only possible through the power of the Holy Spirit.  The more we walk through life living like the temples we are and relying on the Holy Spirit, the more we recognize God's love all around us, the more we recognize His grace surrounding us.

Jesus declares in John, 3:3 "unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God”.  Jesus later explains, to be born again means to be born of the Spirit, where the Spirit of God dwells in the believer.  God Himself takes up residence inside our earthly body, God’s Spirit guiding our spirit (Romans 8:26-2).  With the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, our bodies become literally, the Temple of God. We are now separated, from this world, because God has taken residence with us, we are restored to God. We are the purchased possession of Christ, whose blood paid for our sins.


Ephesians 1:13-14  In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,  who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

1 Corinthians 6:19  Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

The Holy Spirit is not an option in the life of the believer, without the Holy Spirit, there is no salvation. As Paul declares in Romans 8:9, without the Spirit of Christ he is not His.

Charles Stanley writes:
The Work of the Holy Spirit:
Convicts us of sin
Regenerates us
Indwells us
Seals us forever as children of God
Is our teacher
Reminds us of things when we need them
Is our guide
Reveals truth
Comforts us
Gives us spiritual gifts
Bears fruit through us

Empowers us


Isn't the Holy Spirit and incredible gift?!!! 

Adam had a bit of an off day today, so we took the day easy.   I wanted to see if he could carry over some of the things we worked on yesterday and he did!  He worked on this iPad application for writing his alphabet, the program first writes the letter, then clears the screen, then you have to write it without seeing it... Adam made it all the way through the alphabet!  He told me he didn't feel like writing today so I just let it go.  Debbie and I took Adam to the local shopping center to do some more walking... he is doing so well with walking in the mall and already he's making gains being able to go a little further each and every time!

Please pray God's covering and hedge of protection around Adam's health.  Sometimes going from the heat and in and out from air conditioning can do funny things to our bodies, so please pray that Adam will remain healthy and continue to make gains and progress forward each and every day.  Pray also for Mackenzie and she gets ready to return this weekend... I can't wait, I have missed her SOOOOOOOOOO much. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful for the Holy Spirit. I have heard of Him as a translater. That's a cool way of looking at His job. Yes, I will pray Adam continues to go forward in his healing. What you said reminded me of something I heard from Beth Moore. She said we are still going forward even if it is two steps forward and one step back. I love you. Say hi to Mackenzie when she gets home. Marion

Tracy said...

Praying and rejoicing with you guys. Love you....Tracy

Blog Archive