Thursday, July 14, 2011

So Incredibly Thankful and Loved

I found myself in a position today where I was in the car quite a bit and was able to think about Adam's journey, our journey, the whole way through... I couldn't help but to remember how I longed for him just do open his eyes, or wiggle a toe, anything to show that he was still inside the shell that his body had become.  My heart lept for joy and I was overcome with nothing but thanksgiving when I put these thoughts next to what I see Adam doing these days. 

For many hours today I couldn't help but to offer thanksgiving and praise to my Savior, my Lord... He is the King of kings.  What I am most thankful for is truly being held in the palm of His hands, not once has He let go, not once has He taken His eyes off of us.  He is holding us in His hands today the same as He did the minute Adam's accident took place, the same as He did when I was told Adam wasn't going to make it, the same as He did the entire 9 months He protected Adam in the coma, the same as He did through all 13 of Adam's surgeries, the same the whole way through.  Because He is the same today as He was yesterday, and will be the same tomorrow... then I know and believe that God will continue to carry us in the palm of His hands throughout this lengthy journey. 

I have so much that I am thankful for, but I am especially thankful for this journey and how God has used it to truly show me how much He loves me.  In difficult circumstances I challenge you not to ask God "why have you done this?" but instead look for the ways He is drawing you closer to Him with His unfailing kindness.  He is a loving God even in the midst of our darkest hours and most trying circumstances... He loves us beyond our capabilities to even imagine.    He loves us so much that He wants to spend eternity with us and sacrificed His own son to be able to do so.  1 John 4:9-10 says This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

God sent His son to pay the price for my sin, because He loves me so much He wants to spend eternity with me?!!!!  I have been a believer for 6 years now and even remember hearing this as a kid, and yet it still amazes me that He loves me so much, He loves me in spite of me.  Teach me Lord to love the way you love.  I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been amazed at Father's love, especially when i am so faithless. Love is spelt, JESUS. Marion

Doug Mortensen said...

It has been an incredible journey. Your faith has been rewarded.

Teri Hooper said...

Wow! Thanks Amy, for this encouraging reminder of God's amazing love for me! When I stop and think about The God of the Universe, leaving heaven, suffering here and dying the horrific death on the cross because He loves me?!!!! I can't begin to comprehend either. How Awesome is our God?! Your faithfulness and trust and love for Him are such an encouragement to me. Thank you so much for continuing to share. Coming alongside you, continuing to pray for Adam's FULL recovery. Praising Him for the work He is doing in Adam and in you and your fantastic daughter! Love you my friend

Blog Archive