Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Signs Of A Long Road and A Faithful God

I'm not going to lie, there are many moments I'm scared out of my mind, or I think I am in way over my head.  You know the quote "God doesn't give us more than we can handle"?  Well I have searched the Bible and nowhere could I find the biblical basis for this.  If anything I have seen example after example of the complete opposite... I have seen God give more than what seems possible to handle, to ensure our dependency on Him.  Look at Moses leading an entire nation out of slavery, or Joshua leading Israel to conquer their promise land, or David running from Saul all awhile praising God, or Job and all his suffering he endured, or John the Baptist, Peter, all the disciples, Paul with all the persecution they endured... so many more in the Bible. 

Biblically what I do know is this... I believe God's word to be true and Romans 8:28 says, God works all things together for good for those who love him, 2 Corinthians 1:4 says God comforts us in ALL our troubles, Philippians 4:13 says I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, Isaiah 40:31 strength will be renewed for those who hope is in Him, Jeremiah 29:11 says He has plans to give hope and a future, Joshua 1:9 says God is with us wherever we go, 2 Timothy 2:13 says He will remain faithful even when we are faithless, Matthew 11:28 says if we who are heavy burdened come to Him, He will give us rest.  Psalm 71:20 says He will restore our lives... There is so much more my Bible promises about God's faithfulness and His promises for us, this is only a glimpse, open yours and see what it says.

Adam's moments of agitation are signs that we still have a long road ahead of us, it's also a reminder that God is our source of strength, that the only way we will continue to make it day by day in this journey is by being fully and completely dependent on Him.  I know I cannot do this on my own, at times this is way more than I can handle... but my God is bigger and He is faithful, giving me the strength I need, the comfort I need... the patience I need.  Please be praying for Adam and for our family, Adam did have a very bad agitation episode last night.  He's been better today, still a little on edge.  In moments of agitation, I know God has us all in the palm of His hands and I find so much comfort in the Lord's faithful and mighty hands.  Praise the Lord for his faithfulness!  I am so thankful the Lord loves me so much that He carries us in His hands, so thankful!

Also keep Mackenzie in your prayers over the next 10 days, she flew out to the west coast this morning, pray for God's covering over her as she visits with family.  I'm missing her already, she is an incredible kid and an amazing little helper.  I am so blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have had an amazing evening. Another round of cupcakes skillfully decorated by her to keep her birthday week in celebration! She can share about the first batch! Washington State is the place to be if you want cooler non-humid weather! Oh and no bugs! You know she's in good hands! She's looking forward to Brookie time tomorrow and to see "the ring!" :) Love you lots. You are covered in prayer.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Come west, we are all here to help.

Anonymous said...

AMEN my friend, and AMEN! Father's word is truth. Aren't we glad He has a BIG HAND. I love you. I look forward to your address. I'm finding more things for the box I want to send. Hugs, Marion

Diane said...

Dearest Amy,

Please read I Corinthians 10:13 and be encouraged.

Love in Christ,
Diane

Blog Archive